Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Sdsu 2/8

Default Re: Sdsu 2/8

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Hard to find shooters when you come in as late as TJ did. Nagy left the cupboard bare so he had to go after what he could. Hess is a solid shooter, he'll be back next week. Worst in the league? Coming from you, someone who lacks an eye for talent I find that to be a compliment.

We'll be in the SLT and once there, I doubt the Bizon want much to do with us. Oh, and yes; Daum is that good and he is only going to get better. We'll be fine. Transition year, make the tournament and plan for next season. Some solid talent already planning on coming in.
    I don't understand why NDSU "wouldn't want much to do" with South Dakota State. Blew them out in Brookings, blew them out in Fargo. Not a great matchup for the Jacks. They did everything they could to talk away Miller and the rest of the team destroyed them.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Awesome game last night! I honestly didn't even realize how skilled Daum was until I saw him last night. But as others have said, he's like Kevin Love on defense. Just keep going at him and it seems like it works in your favor more often than not.
    Daum's range as an offensive player is very impressive. He really demands the defense's attention wherever he is on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Daum's range as an offensive player is very impressive. He really demands the defense's attention wherever he is on the floor.
    I was slightly surprised by his range as well, he had to of hit 3-4 threes right? But it was equally impressive to see Dex take it to him all game on both sides of the ball.

Daum is a freak. Total package and a treat to watch at this level. Guards can sneak into this league, but to see a big man that is THAT GOOD is flat out awesome to watch. He avoids contact on defense early as he absolutely cannot get into foul trouble. These guys don't come around much, still cannot believe we have to guard him for two more years! Yikes. Total stud. In my opinion, his biggest growth this year is his ability to get through contact on offense. He is a man. Long arms, can take you to 24 feet, can post up, rolls off the screen brilliantly.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed on everything about Daum, really fun player to watch. Besides the couple of minutes where the Bison went into a bit of funk with that 1-3-1 zone, we saw some really good coaching against the Jacks. Dex just kept going at Daum....he either scores or gets hacked, great job by Dex. I've said before that I don't know a whole lot about basketball, but I can keep up. A game like AJ had against the bunnies is something that comes around because of matchups. I've argued this point before when it comes to football and why certain players have good games against certain teams, it's all about matchups. Superstars are able to score regardless of the matchups and that's why they're superstars, but role players on good teams have big nights when a team is trying to shut down someone else, like Paul. Been to 3 games already this year, and that's a lot for me. The SHAC has helped me, the casual fan, to get out and support the basketball program. Looking forward to Saturdays game, really like those 2pm starts. Go Bison!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Agreed on everything about Daum, really fun player to watch. Besides the couple of minutes where the Bison went into a bit of funk with that 1-3-1 zone, we saw some really good coaching against the Jacks. Dex just kept going at Daum....he either scores or gets hacked, great job by Dex. I've said before that I don't know a whole lot about basketball, but I can keep up. A game like AJ had against the bunnies is something that comes around because of matchups. I've argued this point before when it comes to football and why certain players have good games against certain teams, it's all about matchups. Superstars are able to score regardless of the matchups and that's why they're superstars, but role players on good teams have big nights when a team is trying to shut down someone else, like Paul. Been to 3 games already this year, and that's a lot for me. The SHAC has helped me, the casual fan, to get out and support the basketball program. Looking forward to Saturdays game, really like those 2pm starts. Go Bison!!
    I agree with your last statement. And actually, playing at Scheels Arena started to draw me in to them team...I just had no interest in the old BSA. I love basketball and I love going to games, so the new arena just makes it so much more enjoyable. Much easier to get to than Scheels Arena, which is whatever. But, games have become an event for me and I actually really enjoy the weeknight games. It breaks up my work week and it usually turns into a social evening on the town.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I agree with your last statement. And actually, playing at Scheels Arena started to draw me in to them team...I just had no interest in the old BSA. I love basketball and I love going to games, so the new arena just makes it so much more enjoyable. Much easier to get to than Scheels Arena, which is whatever. But, games have become an event for me and I actually really enjoy the weeknight games. It breaks up my work week and it usually turns into a social evening on the town.
    No beer involved, I'm sure? And do you avoid those dirty Cruiser boys?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No beer involved, I'm sure? And do you avoid those dirty Cruiser boys?
    Is that what they call themselves now that they only bring the bus to a game or two a year? Teh Dirty Cruiser Boys? Has a ring to it...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

See ya there

Feature: The rise of the big man: Daniel Amigo’s evolution under a new regime

junior center from El Paso, Texas, is at the forefront of first-year head coach Rodney Billups’ schemes

http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...021017aab.html