Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sdsu 2/8

Default Re: Sdsu 2/8

I only got to see half #2, but my observations:

1. Paul Miller's game has gotten better. I know that is strange to say, but he has gotten better at attacking the rim and even more importantly, is rebounding really, really well. Someone lit a match under him....
    2. Dex. I don't even know what to say at this point. He defense was simply outstanding; exactly what you are supposed to do in man to man against a star player. And his grit, and his scoring, and his rebounding, and the leadership. He is the MVP; I know Paul is likely the most talented, but Dex makes the engine go. Did you see him coach up the rookie after he made some mistakes?
    3. Agree that Richman, again, failed to get his guys going against that pointed zone, quickly. Same discussion as last game, hit short corner and high post. Attack the open spots. Skip the ball. When they finally did that, they snapped out of the funk. I do have to give him credit for putting in Nebraska Sam to bust it. He is made to play against zone and I am starting to wonder if even a better shooter than Paul Miller.
    4. SDSU, proved again, they have 1 player. They just are not that good.

With all that said, life is good. Now, take care of Denver and make my first game in Sioux Falls in my court side seats less stressful.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 02-09-2017 at 04:08 PM.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

1. Paul Miller's game has gotten better. I know that is strange to say, but he has gotten better at attaching the rim and even more importantly, is rebounding really, really well. Someone lit a match under him....
    2. Dex. I don't even know what to say at this point. He defense was simply outstanding; exactly what you are supposed to do in man to man against a star player. And his grit, and his scoring, and his rebounding, and the leadership. He is the MVP; I know Paul is likely the most talented, but Dex makes the engine go. Did you see him coach up the rookie after he made some mistakes?
    3. Agree that Richmond, again, failed to get his guys going against that pointed zone, quickly. Same discussion as last game, hit short corner and high post. Attack the open spots. Skip the ball. When they finally did that, they snapped out of the funk. I do have to give him credit for putting in Nebraska Sam to bust it. He is made to play against zone and I am starting to wonder if even a better shooter than Paul Miller.
    4. SDSU, proved again, they have 1 player. They just are not that good.

With all that said, life is good. Now, take care of Denver and make my first game in Sioux Falls in my court side seats less stressful.

We played a very good game against a decent team with the best offensive player in the league on it and got a W. AJ needs to be that confident every game but Paul pulling his defender outside of the arc freed up a lot of space for him along with Khy, Dupree and Dex to work so hopefully he stays that aggressive when it's a little more crowded. They mentioned in the post game that they weren't really prepared for the 1-3-1 as they'd been preparing for man defense all week but even in high school if a team switched to zone on us we knew which offense to switch to on the fly, how lost we looked when they went zone was a little concerning. Dex was a beast, should be 6th man of the year, absolutely abused Daum and when they doubled him he passed the ball out very well. Tyson struggled a bit but other guys stepped up, it's that depth that we have this year in our scoring that makes us tough to beat. Huge game on Saturday against a team that kicked our ass at their place, let's get the SHAC rockin and get another W!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post

We played a very good game against a decent team with the best offensive player in the league on it and got a W. AJ needs to be that confident every game but Paul pulling his defender outside of the arc freed up a lot of space for him along with Khy, Dupree and Dex to work so hopefully he stays that aggressive when it's a little more crowded. They mentioned in the post game that they weren't really prepared for the 1-3-1 as they'd been preparing for man defense all week but even in high school if a team switched to zone on us we knew which offense to switch to on the fly, how lost we looked when they went zone was a little concerning. Dex was a beast, should be 6th man of the year, absolutely abused Daum and when they doubled him he passed the ball out very well. Tyson struggled a bit but other guys stepped up, it's that depth that we have this year in our scoring that makes us tough to beat. Huge game on Saturday against a team that kicked our ass at their place, let's get the SHAC rockin and get another W!
    thank you spelling nazi's. Someday I'll figure it out.

1. Paul Miller's game has gotten better. I know that is strange to say, but he has gotten better at attaching the rim and even more importantly, is rebounding really, really well. Someone lit a match under him....
    thank you spelling nazi's. Someday I'll figure it out.
    Okay if we're going to be spelling nazis, I don't think it's Paul's job to attach the rim. I think that's the facilities people.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Okay if we're going to be spelling nazis, I don't think it's Paul's job to attach the rim. I think that's the facilities people.
    Look dammit, sometimes TSCF wants Paul to listen to Coach Richmond when he asks him to please attach the rim with more urgency. Jeez.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Well, he has a future after basketball.

We beat up on the worst team in the league in my opinion. Hard to imagine how the talent level has fallen off in Brookings. Daum continues to amaze me. Just love watching him. He is a once a decade talent in this league. How you don't surround him with shooters is beyond me. I wouldn't defend their 1 or 2. Just awful and broken down fundamentals.

We played hard and with great energy. Game mattered. Did what you should do to a lesser team. Great to know we are in first place with only one senior. Even though he is a stud and impossible to replace, we are loading up on talent and it is fun to watch. Great game at a great facility.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We beat up on the worst team in the league in my opinion. Hard to imagine how the talent level has fallen off in Brookings. Daum continues to amaze me. Just love watching him. He is a once a decade talent in this league. How you don't surround him with shooters is beyond me. I wouldn't defend their 1 or 2. Just awful and broken down fundamentals.

We played hard and with great energy. Game mattered. Did what you should do to a lesser team. Great to know we are in first place with only one senior. Even though he is a stud and impossible to replace, we are loading up on talent and it is fun to watch. Great game at a great facility.
    You imagine if Daum was at NDSU playing 5 with Dex at 4? My goodness..... Dex would have 20 rebounds a game.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

Two. DEX and Carlin.

You imagine if Daum was at NDSU playing 5 with Dex at 4? My goodness..... Dex would have 20 rebounds a game.
    Daum would be a better stretch 4 and yes it would be amazing
    TRUST THE PROCESS