Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Default Re: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

1-It is the Walseth's Fault!!
    2-I don't mind that she is losing.
    3-But when she can't even come close to going .500 there is a huge problem with her.
    4-There is enough local talent in MN, WI, ND, and SD to be at least an around .500 team in a very average D1 conference!
    5-Walseth is in over her head and like a fish out of water on the sidelines when running an offense!
    6-Why can SDSU or UND recruit from the same talent pool and play tougher opponents non conference and have even better success?-Because those coaches know who to recruit and how to coach!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HimOleChief View Post
    3-But when she can't even come close to going .500 there is a huge problem with her.
    4-There is enough local talent in MN, WI, ND, and SD to be at least an around .500 team in a very average D1 conference!
    5-Walseth is in over her head and like a fish out of water on the sidelines when running an offense!
    6-Why can SDSU or UND recruit from the same talent pool and play tougher opponents non conference and have even better success?-Because those coaches know who to recruit and how to coach!!!

We have the youngest team in the nation right now. In 3 years, we will have the most experienced team in the nation. Patience. Needed an extreme youth movement because the cupboard was bare and the existing players didn't fit her system. She already is improving recruiting and next year we will have a post player we beat Minnesota, Arizona, and Boise State on in recruiting.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'll chime in. About recruiting... I was really excited about Walseth at the beginning. Coming from PSU, and with all the contacts, leads and recruits she must have been in contact with over the previous year or two. I would have though that, at the least, she could have convinced some second tier players on her radar, that couldn't make PSU to come to Fargo. I don't think this happened at all. Maybe she was just lazy at PSU and didn't recruit and research as an assistant should have? I don't know, but her recruiting has been suspect to this point. She grabbed local players, nice to do, but the competition level locally is nothing to brag about.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone else get the impression that
    Stargazer = Star to City = Sioux Volley?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

We have the youngest team in the nation right now. In 3 years, we will have the most experienced team in the nation. Patience. Needed an extreme youth movement because the cupboard was bare and the existing players didn't fit her system. She already is improving recruiting and next year we will have a post player we beat Minnesota, Arizona, and Boise State on in recruiting.
    And we get some height next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    He hasn't even logged in since he made the post. How can we troll the troll if he won't play along?????
    How do you know that Stargazer is a 'he'?

I had the impression it was not, though impressions are not evidence.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HimOleChief View Post
    #4 - Very average DI conference?? Did you know that the Summit is currently ranked #10 of 32 DI conferences in the Sagarin ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    #4 - Very average DI conference?? Did you know that the Summit is currently ranked #10 of 32 DI conferences in the Sagarin ranking?
    Our conference is held up by jacks and yotes, IUPUI and WIU hold there own with strong pre-conf schedule. So our conference is better than average. Its just that we have some very putrid teams, DU, IPFW and unfortunately ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    How do you know that Stargazer is a 'he'?

I had the impression it was not, though impressions are not evidence.
    I don't think anyone so passionate about women's basketball in Fargo, ND can possibly be a man.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    I'll chime in. About recruiting... I was really excited about Walseth at the beginning. Coming from PSU, and with all the contacts, leads and recruits she must have been in contact with over the previous year or two. I would have though that, at the least, she could have convinced some second tier players on her radar, that couldn't make PSU to come to Fargo. I don't think this happened at all. Maybe she was just lazy at PSU and didn't recruit and research as an assistant should have? I don't know, but her recruiting has been suspect to this point. She grabbed local players, nice to do, but the competition level locally is nothing to brag about.
    First off it's going to be very difficult to draw kids from that far away, especially to a program in as deep a hole as NDSU's. Hopefully if she gets this thing turned around that may happen. I actually thought she might be better at getting the TC kids with her connections down there but so far that hasn't happened either.

Secondly, on your point of local competition, it would seem that UND, USD and SDSU have been fairly successful with local kids. We have several local HS stars from last year that were recruited by all of those teams and Coach Walseth got them to NDSU. Next years class looks very promising as well. So I would say they are recruiting fairly well at this point.

Now the question remains as to whether this coaching staff can coach them up. The jury is still out on that one.