Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Default Re: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Another good candidate for the preposterous statement contest .
    I think he's spot on. Its not weve produced any D1 All Americans, Olympians, or NFL players, much less starting NFL QBs.

There is no talent in the northern half of the country. And Fargo is only the 3rd fastest growing small city in the nation.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yeah this thread is complete garbage. Ignore the fact that most of NDSU's sports have been very competitive at the D1 level and that UND, USD and SDSU have some very competitive women's BB teams with many players from the same recruiting region. This has UND troll all over it. Probably gueaxsioux alter ego.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If it's troll than Tony should just lock the thread. But someone who obviously spent an hour writing something this ignorant deserves a quick response and then told they are ignorant and told to GFT. Then lock it.
    Exactly...the Bison Highway is headed in the right direction, whether its academics or activities. Trouble is sometimes someone's opinion is like a pothole in that highway. Like it or not...we need to just simply hit that pothole at fullspeed, run it over, and never look back.

This is probably the most idiotic post in Bisonville history.

Out of curiosity, what sports have not been highly successful in DI at NDSU? Women's basketball, baseball and men's golf are the only things I can think of that haven't won a DI conference championship.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post

Out of curiosity, what sports have not been highly successful in DI at NDSU? Women's basketball, baseball and men's golf are the only things I can think of that haven't won a DI conference championship.
    Hawkee??????
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post

Baseball went to 9th inning with Oregon State #1 team in nation at National Tourney! we have mens golf?

NDSU womens basketball SUCKS because we cant get Recruits. The Win e Mac girl & wahpeton girl at South Dakota schools instead of here is embarassing, not many AAU girls from Twin Cities, no Klabo, Moton, Haiby etc etc etc
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Why? There's so much blatant BS in that post it's hard to know where to start. Do you want an itemized response?

Sorry, I left Softball and Golf out of my response. I've really enjoyed watching Softball these past few years, especially the postseason. Very much looking forward to it again this year!!

It's the offseason so I might as well feed the troll. I'll hep you.

Fact: Fargo, North Dakota and surrounding area is NOT a high school basketball hotbed.

We don't get all of our players from North Dakota high schools. We recruit the region and develop players. (How many teams get ALL their players from their home town? ) A bit off topic but basketball in the midwest is very popular. Fact: Summit League tournament which consists of primarily Dakota schools drew 65,000 fans last year in it's tournament. It was the 8th best out of 32 D1 conferences.
    http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/defau...ance_final.pdf

Fact: The university itself is not highly ranked academically.

Fact: Top 100 Research University

Fact: NDSU now has the reputation as one of the worst women's basketball teams in all of Division I.

Fact: NDSU once had the reputation as one of the best dynasties in womens basketball history. Past success or failures have no bearing on future results

Fact: It doesn't have a lot of wealthy donors or huge alumni base.

Fact. They built our new 50 million dollar arena with private money. Same with the track and field facility, Sports Bubble, and countless other projects. Teammakers has gone from under a million to 4.5 million in donations

Fact: DeHoff couldn't win here at this level and neither can Walseth. Starting to see a pattern?

Fact. Dehoff is out of coaching for a reason. Walseth has the youngest team in the nation right now (and in 3 years will have the most experienced) and for the first time ever has an actual 50 million dollar D1 facility that is impresive. We just beat the Gophers, Boise, and Arizona for a recruit so it's starting. The only PATTERN I see is USD and SDSU kicking ass. USD won the Womens NIT and they are the 2nd best team in the conference. If those schools can do it... so can we.

Fact: Unless you love winter & cold weather the climate doesn't suit the majority of prospective students.

I guess the same rings true for the entire Big Ten and they do alright. Besides we primarily recruit the northern half of the country. If your too big of a pussy to deal with some cold, your too soft to play for us in any sport. Although many of the teams in the Summit play in warmer weather but they find themselves behind the Dakota Schools

Fact: In order to win at a high level consistently in any college sport (men's or women's) you have to have the 'horses'. Meaning you have to get some of the top players every recruiting class.

See above. We beat the Gophers, Arizona, and Boise for a recruit so it's starting. All of our other sports we don't have a problem getting "the horses."

Fact: Fargo not appealing to most high school student-athletes in terms of socially.

Almost 15K students annually, would disagree. Fargo is one of the fastest growing metros in the nation and is routinely on most top 50 lists of best college towns.

Fact: Recruiting top basketball talent (5 star & 4 star players) to come to NDSU is almost impossible for the above reasons and more.

The above reasons are bullshit but we are a developmental program. That way you don't need the 4 and 5 star kids. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Funny though... the other Dakota Schools do just fine without 5 star kids. I mean by your definition... IUPUI, Fort Wayne, and Oral Roberts should be amazing yet they get their ass kicked every year by the Dakota Schools

As far as not being successful in Division 1? Wow. Besides 5 D1 Football National Championships, Womens softball going to the Sweet 16, Olympians in Track & Field, Top 25 ranking in Wrestling (now in the Big 12), countless All Americans, 3 trips to the Big Dance in basketball... as well as a win over Oklahoma. Of course don't forget the 9 NFL Players, a starting NFL QB, and regular wins over the Big Ten and Big 12... If you actually believe this you must be retarded.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 02-06-2017 at 04:42 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Post makes sense if you change every occurrence of NDSU and North Dakota State to UND. And Fargo to Grand Forks.

Counterpoint: Softball. Explain that, OP.

Thanks Herdbot. Well said. We'll see if fargrazer comes back ..

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Post makes sense if you change every occurrence of NDSU and North Dakota State to UND. And Fargo to Grand Forks.

Counterpoint: Softball. Explain that, OP.
    He hasn't even logged in since he made the post. How can we troll the troll if he won't play along?????