Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Default Re: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    The practice with the gray squad. Guys who play yard basketball. It's a good idea. Really.
    I did not know that. Thank you
    That should be helping but don't see it yet.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We are young, and that's a concern. But the lack of athleticism on the roster is a much larger concern. In general, we are at the bottom of the Summit with regard to speed and athleticism. We got good size coming in, but where are the athletes?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. X and 0 all you want but good recruiting is still the major component of a successful college athletic program.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    We are young, and that's a concern. But the lack of athleticism on the roster is a much larger concern. In general, we are at the bottom of the Summit with regard to speed and athleticism. We got good size coming in, but where are the athletes?
    I watched a little bit of the past IUPUI game and came away with the same thoughst. Also seems nearly every team is better conditioned then us, we constantly took tired on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Playing good defense takes intensity and hard work. I knew a coach who would not implement any zone defenses until he felt his teams was playing good sound fundamental man to man defense. Team defensive drills in practice are probably the least fun thing for players in practice but is something that can only be worked on during the season in practice. I'm not saying the team is not playing hard. What I'm saying is their fundamental man defense is poor. After Saturday's game this would be my first priority in Monday's practice. My big concern is...maybe our staff does a poor job of teaching/coaching defense. Or they don't spend enough time in practice working on it. Either way, to be successful, this needs to improve!
    Gotta walk before you run.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I am no expert at all in the NDSU womens b-ball team and/or program. All we do is get to a few games each year(we are 3.5 hours from Fargo) and support the team and players. We do make more of the Men's game since we do have season tickets for those, but we always record the Womens games if they are on TV, and we cant watch live. What I see is hustle. Sure they are out matched height-wise, and in b-ball that can get damned frustrating. The ladies also give up experience to almost every team they play...yet they hustle. To me, as this season has gone on, they are getting better at all aspects of the game, including teamwork, so we simply support this squad as if we had a kid playing on the team, thats what fans do. Its perfectly fine to talk about anything that will make the team and program better, and this discussion has been just fine...looking to see improvement. But just as the Bison Men, this year, hit a point where things just seemed to "click" offensively, and they actually started games a lot better, that too will happen with the women. NDSU can't send us fans out an email, or post on facebook, that TONIGHT...the Lady Bison will hit their stride!!! Aint that simple is it? So we simply continue to just support, and go to as many games as time, road conditions and stage 4 cancer allows, and cheer on the team. Go Bison and I dont really give a shit which Bison team!!!

That's nice but this isnt parks and rec basketball. This is division 1 NCAA basketball, where results count. Some one above mentioned athleticism,or lack of. I said the same thing as the season started. That we are so slow especially on defense it looks like we are running in mud. I think over 21 losses so far this season 12 have been by 20+. And we're not even playing half decent teams. So it's nice you see hustle. They need to be coached. Even if they can't make a basket they could at the least be able to play defense Haven't seen that either as we are dead last in points allowed. Come on coach them please! The girls and the fans deserve better.
    Last edited by Bisonionette; 02-21-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    That's nice but this isnt parks and rec basketball. This is division 1 NCAA basketball, where results count. Some one above mentioned athleticism,or lack of. I said the same thing as the season started. That we are so slow especially on defense it looks like we are running in mud. I think over 21 losses so far this season 12 have been by 20+. And we're not even playing half decent teams. So it's nice you see hustle. They need to be coached. Even if they can't make a basket they could at the least be able to play defense Haven't seen that either as we are dead last in points allowed. Come on coach them please! The girls and the fans deserve better.
    To be good in D1 you need to build the program the right way.

We have plenty of athleticism but it hasn't been developed yet. These girls haven't even had a year in the weight room or had the speed and agility training. They will benefit greatly from a full off season. This is the same formula our other sports use. We develop athletes because we can't recruit 4 star kids. Patience. Now they play with heart and are skilled shooters who plays with heart. When we are experience and they become more athletic, we will be excellent.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    To be good in D1 you need to build the program the right way.

We have plenty of athleticism but it hasn't been developed yet. These girls haven't even had a year in the weight room or had the speed and agility training. They will benefit greatly from a full off season. This is the same formula our other sports use. We develop athletes because we can't recruit 4 star kids. Patience. Now they play with heart and are skilled shooters who plays with heart. When we are experience and they become more athletic, we will be excellent.
    I don't watch ladies athletics much, but don't they tend to come to school pretty much finished products?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I don't watch ladies athletics much, but don't they tend to come to school pretty much finished products?
    That is a very poor attempt at trolling. Even for you.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."