Thread: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Default Re: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    I thought you were leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No because aggravating u is to easy and so stimulating

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Can't be critical of this program. We have grown to accept. 20 point+ blowouts as the norm
    This team of freshman I will accept blowouts. If we are still getting blown out in conference play next year, I will be very critical of the players (who didn't put in the work) and the coaches.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    You can say what you want about all the players and it doesn't matter. I have not been critical of the program or the coaching until, ....well, now. This team is not a good defensive team. Their TEAM defense especially in the half court is poor. Players do a poor job denying the passing lanes and are slow in help rotation. TT and SJ are talented players but are not good defensive players at this point. This is not on the players, it's on the coach and coaches and can be improved on. That being said, yes we have offensive issues too but some of that is just the personnel.
    I will agree that defensively we are very poor. IUPUI was all over us and made our shots tough. There are plenty of areas to improve on. If the team is not watching film and being shown what they are doing wrong , they need to see the tape. This off-season will be very important to the improvement of the program.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

So you are nothing more than a troll.

May be you should talk to your girl friend about stimulation?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I will agree that defensively we are very poor. IUPUI was all over us and made our shots tough. There are plenty of areas to improve on. If the team is not watching film and being shown what they are doing wrong , they need to see the tape. This off-season will be very important to the improvement of the program.
    Team defense is something that is taught and worked on during the season every day in practice. My concern is that Coach is in her 3rd year and has a team that has issues playing sound fundamental defense.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Team defense is something that is taught and worked on during the season every day in practice. My concern is that Coach is in her 3rd year and has a team that has issues playing sound fundamental defense.
    Agreed, defense will keep you in games. Needs to be a huge area of ficus this off season and next year. Need to know how to play man and different zones. Defense is fun to play.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Agreed, defense will keep you in games. Needs to be a huge area of ficus this off season and next year. Need to know how to play man and different zones. Defense is fun to play.
    Playing good defense takes intensity and hard work. I knew a coach who would not implement any zone defenses until he felt his teams was playing good sound fundamental man to man defense. Team defensive drills in practice are probably the least fun thing for players in practice but is something that can only be worked on during the season in practice. I'm not saying the team is not playing hard. What I'm saying is their fundamental man defense is poor. After Saturday's game this would be my first priority in Monday's practice. My big concern is...maybe our staff does a poor job of teaching/coaching defense. Or they don't spend enough time in practice working on it. Either way, to be successful, this needs to improve!

Do they have the right personnel to practice against? Hear me out first, in high school we had older guys in the community practice against us on sundays at open gym. Playing against the b squad younger players were not helping us. Who do the ladies practice against?

The practice with the gray squad. Guys who play yard basketball. It's a good idea. Really.