Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Default Re: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    7th place is one game out if the cellar The defense is dead last and not close. If after next year we can't win at least ten games. I would hope this would enlighten us all about this coach. Her recruiting her coaching and her people skills All imho are sub standard

Denver sucks. Fort Wayne sucks Our coach is in over her head. And this team needs someone who has a background as a head coach. We took a chance at a rookie coach and it's obvious where we are at. Nuff said. I know u don't like it but whatever
    So provide an answer then? Changing coach? Who will you get or have in mind?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

USD startes one freshman and the first player off the bench is a freshman, she plays 30+minutes a game. IMO there best player is a sophomore. Being young is just an excuse!! When two coaches bolt late summer for new teams the writing is on the wall. Herd rummers Walseth has had some emotional breakdowns. In over her head!! coaching isn't easy

Quote Originally Posted by mississippitwins View Post
    USD startes one freshman and the first player off the bench is a freshman, she plays 30+minutes a game. IMO there best player is a sophomore. Being young is just an excuse!! When two coaches bolt late summer for new teams the writing is on the wall. Herd rummers Walseth has had some emotional breakdowns. In over her head!! coaching isn't easy
    Your comparing a team that plays 2 freshman (red shirted too) to a team that has 5 true freshman playing substantial time, 1 sophomore, 1 true Jr, and a 2 year senior.

Yeah that's quite the preposterous statement. That is the youngest team I have ever seen.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

She made her bed She's Gotta sleep in it. She ran Johnson and Weibe off the team. I think yaggie too. She could transitioned easier by redshirt at least two freshman who clearly are not ready. But whatever.

She made her bed She's Gotta sleep in it. She ran Johnson and Weibe off the team. I think yaggie too. She could transitioned easier by redshirt at least two freshman who clearly are not ready. But whatever.
    Uh.... She ran off Holly who presumably retired from UND due to injuries? Weren't they the same injuries that she had at NDSU?

Another poster asked what you would do to improve the program. I'm guessing they are looking for something more constructive than firing the coach with no recommendations for a replacement, or refusing to recruit from ND due to inferior talent levels. Anything constructive or just shut the program down?

and if we had them we would still suck except we would be older and have a less bright future. By going young we will potentially be great down the road. Not just mediocre.

Weibe was a DeHoff recruit and averaged 1.9 ppg as a junior. Holly Johnson played 2 games with UND before quitting due to an injury. She would have just burned a roster spot or a scholarship. So explain... HOW did that hurt us?

Not sure on Yaggie though. I see she averaged 6 points per game. Not sure why a player who didn't earn a starting role and left a mediocre team is a reason why she made her own bed. Sometimes things just don't work out. If these players were still here you would just be posting about how shitty they are anyways.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 02-14-2017 at 12:29 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    and if we had them we would still suck except we would be older and have a less bright future. By going young we will potentially be great down the road. Not just mediocre.

Weibe was a DeHoff recruit and scored 10 points in 20 games her last year. Holly Johnson played 2 games with UND before quitting due to an injury. She would have just burned a roster spot or a scholarship. So explain... HOW did that hurt us?

Not sure on Yaggie though. I see she averaged 6 points per game. Not sure why a player who didn't earn a starting role and left a mediocre team is a reason why she made her own bed. Sometimes things just don't work out. If these players were still here you would just be posting about how shitty they are anyways.
    Yaggie is a nursing student who left to focus on her studies. But I'm confused. Yaggie is from the area. The poster has claimed this area doesn't have d1 talent...

Also, Wiebe did graduate. She chose not to play after graduation. Could it be coaching? Possibly. But it may be someone ready for their next journey.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Yaggie is a nursing student who left to focus on her studies. But I'm confused. Yaggie is from the area. The poster has claimed this area doesn't have d1 talent...

Also, Wiebe did graduate. She chose not to play after graduation. Could it be coaching? Possibly. But it may be someone ready for their next journey.
    Didn't know that about Wiebe. Good for her. Although I'm sure if she stuck around Bisonionette would be talking about how she sucked or how she wasn't a D1 talent and we can't recruit. Looking at her stats if she couldn't crack the starting lineup after her junior year averaging 1.9 ppg on a bad team... just saying. That's why they are student athletes.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think we need to give this team 2 more years, next year our bigs will be true freshman...a team with true sophomores and freshman are not going to win any conference championships....but the following year, I say look out.

Patience is a virtue.

Ok. I'm glad you're happy with this. This is horrible and dare say as bad if not worse as Dehoff. There is so much internal bs going on. Yes patience for this team to suck for two more years of sub ten win seasons then start over again. Coach can't coach. Contract is up a year after next. Period