Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Default Re: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    insults? tsk tsk... I wont call you an idiot or anything like that. but u defy laws or logic and intellect. three seasons in and a six win total in the third year? and it will take miracle to get to ten wins next season. Thank goodness denver and fort wayne are in our conference, that's 4.

So stop acting like an ass and enjoy/participate in the discussion. sheeesh
    I think I'm just going to save my old posts and copy and paste them because you clearly don't remember it comprehend anything and I am sick of saying the same shit over and over. You know, like hitting the reset button with 6 true freshman and having all DeHoff players.

You must have some sort of dementia or maybe early onset Alzheimer's. Or maybe your just not very smart.

Please put your dunce hat back on and go back to the corner. And throw on a ball gag while your at it so you can't spew verbal diarrhea or better yet duct tape your fingers together so you can't type.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I would just like to know which is it? In the past you have cut on ND high school basketball as not being good and not producing d1 talent but now you are saying the girls should be ready for a full D1 season and be at top form in their freshman year without the benefit of having a year of experience at the D1 level right out of ND high school ball.

And you never answered the question when you were asked earlier who we should hire. So who is it?
    I have to go with the fanatic here. As a father of two D1 athletes (neither was basketball), one male and one female, I will tell you the female who was always a 3 sport athlete and one of the top 10 or 15 in the state of Florida in her events, she was not ready for the strength needs, the mental endurance needs and the the total skill set to be a successful D1 track athlete as a freshman...that said, as a senior she set the outside mark in the LJ and qualified for ECAC. The amount of strength and conditioning she did after the first year made all the difference. The technical skills increased at the same time. The other was a soccer player who was also all state as a senior as a sweeper (6'2" 180)...he quickly found out in college that forwards and midfielders were still sprinting at nearly full speed in the 80th minute and conditioning was a need. Then dealing with 6'2" and taller forwards going 200 pounds in the box was another strength and skill need. Finally it was the mental stress for both of going from practicing for 2 hours 5 days pre-season (maybe 2 or 3 weeks the way the HSAA allows it) and maybe 2 or 3 days week during the season to 3 hours 5 days plus getting your lifting in plus technical practice after or on weekends for basically the entire year and then still practicing at least 3 or 4 days a week in season. FYI Bisonette, whomever you are, one of daughter's friends and a competitor for 6 years was a 6'5" center who got a full ride to Duke. She red shirted her freshman year because of the conditioning and strength need...then she got better each year...currently in 5th or 6th season in the WNBA.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I have to go with the fanatic here. As a father of two D1 athletes (neither was basketball), one male and one female, I will tell you the female who was always a 3 sport athlete and one of the top 10 or 15 in the state of Florida in her events, she was not ready for the strength needs, the mental endurance needs and the the total skill set to be a successful D1 track athlete as a freshman...that said, as a senior she set the outside mark in the LJ and qualified for ECAC. The amount of strength and conditioning she did after the first year made all the difference. The technical skills increased at the same time. The other was a soccer player who was also all state as a senior as a sweeper (6'2" 180)...he quickly found out in college that forwards and midfielders were still sprinting at nearly full speed in the 80th minute and conditioning was a need. Then dealing with 6'2" and taller forwards going 200 pounds in the box was another strength and skill need. Finally it was the mental stress for both of going from practicing for 2 hours 5 days pre-season (maybe 2 or 3 weeks the way the HSAA allows it) and maybe 2 or 3 days week during the season to 3 hours 5 days plus getting your lifting in plus technical practice after or on weekends for basically the entire year and then still practicing at least 3 or 4 days a week in season. FYI Bisonette, whomever you are, one of daughter's friends and a competitor for 6 years was a 6'5" center who got a full ride to Duke. She red shirted her freshman year because of the conditioning and strength need...then she got better each year...currently in 5th or 6th season in the WNBA.
    Thank you for this great post with some actual examples.
    While this does not help us this year, it does provide some hope for improvement next year. If not improvement next year then we could be deeper in trouble than thought.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Congrats Sarah for making the Summit League All Newcomer Team.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

maren on radio on whats shes doing to get this team ready.... "I had all the girls wrote down 2 underdog stories and we will read and discuss them on the bus down"

WHHHAAATTTT??? that would be the last straw for me. wow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Nice frosh season Sarah.

sweet summit league game thread.

we didnt even go, went to bwws again.

all i needed to see. down 15 and we are working the ball down low to our center instead of shooting 3s with 3 min left hahaha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Nice frosh season Sarah.

Wow, can't believe no one has bumped this thread since Saturday. "State of Women's basketball " is the title of this thread. I saw their last performance in the tourney against IUPUI. To say I wasn't impressed is an understatement. Next season is Walseth's 4th year. Can we say her seat is getting warm???? Yes ??? How about her ass is getting hot??? There were times I witnessed four players back after a shot and still there was a pass by IUPUI that lead to a layup. Really???? Bison players appear slow footed......really, I'm serious.......like they weren't in very good "condition". Sarah J is a very good player......she's got that grit, that will......but, Jesus, she needs some help. She played the entire game without a break. Another 6 and 24 season should be the death knell for Walseth. It's time to show some production; give Bison women's BB fans some hope. If Walseth doesn't make the tourney next year, it should be a no-brainer. A one and done should also be a no-brainer. Bison women's BB, in a word, "sucks". It's time to go in a new direction.........how about hiring a goddamn man for a change. At least give a guy a shot for a change. It can't get any worse, or is NDSU so PC that it's not in the cards. Pathetic, really.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Wow, can't believe no one has bumped this thread since Saturday. "State of Women's basketball " is the title of this thread. I saw their last performance in the tourney against IUPUI. To say I wasn't impressed is an understatement. Next season is Walseth's 4th year. Can we say her seat is getting warm???? Yes ??? How about her ass is getting hot??? There were times I witnessed four players back after a shot and still there was a pass by IUPUI that lead to a layup. Really???? Bison players appear slow footed......really, I'm serious.......like they weren't in very good "condition". Sarah J is a very good player......she's got that grit, that will......but, Jesus, she needs some help. She played the entire game without a break. Another 6 and 24 season should be the death knell for Walseth. It's time to show some production; give Bison women's BB fans some hope. If Walseth doesn't make the tourney next year, it should be a no-brainer. A one and done should also be a no-brainer. Bison women's BB, in a word, "sucks". It's time to go in a new direction.........how about hiring a goddamn man for a change. At least give a guy a shot for a change. It can't get any worse, or is NDSU so PC that it's not in the cards. Pathetic, really.
    If we're 6-24 next year Walseth should be shit canned

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

WIU wins the Summit Champ. game over IUPUI 77-69 in overtime.