Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Default Re: State of NDSU Women's Basketball Program

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    And wasn't ipfw the favorite to win the title this year?
    Yes yes they were.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Here is one NDSU should be looking at for the class of 2019 , Katie Entzi 6' sophomore from Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier. She handles the ball well for her height. Good basketball IQ.
    E-K-M defeated Carrington last night in the regional final. Game went to OT. I mentioned Katie since she is a young player with skills. She does need to speed up her game some and improve but again she is only a sophomore. Her dad was a good player and I am sure he is helping her improve. She will be playing next week in the state tourney and hope to see her on tv. Two more years in high school for her and see how much she improved. I personally think she will. Basketball IQ is to good.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    So they are worse now because they're tired. Oh Goodness. That's the reason. We can dream of an 8-8 season
    Wow. So your completely discrediting the NDSU Strength and Conditioning program. Fact. We have six true freshman on our roster who less than a year ago were playing in high school. Most true freshman redshirt and go through a rigorous strength and conditioning program and come in their 2nd season stronger, faster, and more athletic. (not to mention better players) These girls went straight from high school to college. In their high school careers, they played about 20 games and never left the state. This year it's closer to 30 and they travel over 3 time zones against better athletes who are typically 3-4 years older than them without the benefit of our strength and conditioning training. If you can't comprehend that... this says it all

And we're not dreaming of a 8-8 season. We are dreaming about building a program the right way and improving so in in 2 years we can be good enough to compete for a conference championship. In your delusional world - were just going to go out and recruit a bunch of 5 star players or some magic coach will snap their fingers and true freshman will magically perform like veterans. Reality check. Not gonna happen. Nobody in our conference goes out and gets 5 star players. They developed their programs the right way.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

if that's all the basketball they played there junior and senior years in high school then I am worried. Most at this level play AAU basketball, and travel all over the country in NCAA viewing tournaments, sometimes playing two games a day at these tournaments. week over week and and it's basketball 12 months out of the year. And if you've ever seen NCAA viewing tournaments. it's not about slowing the ball down. It's extremely fast paced with everyone trying to outdo the other. Don't buy it being tired. I realize your in bed with MW which is fine. I'm not asking for magic, I asking for a coach to coach, These kids are horrible on defense, again, if they can't make a basket, they should be at least be able to demonstrate basic footwork and fundamental defensive posture.

Agreed. It's bullshit that we haven't got a Geno Auriemma type coach and haven't beat UCONN yet. Unacceptable. We must do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    Agreed. It's bullshit that we haven't got a Geno Auriemma type coach and haven't beat UCONN yet. Unacceptable. We must do better.

So profound, and characterized by such quick and inventive verbal humor

So profound, and characterized by such quick and inventive verbal humor
    I'm just saying that you are right. Team sucks, coaches suck, recruiting sucks, and everything involved with the program sucks. We need a team full of Holly Johnsons and it must be led by Carolyn DeHoff and other clones of her. Hell, let's make you director of women's basketball operations. If not, then NAIA they must go.

if that's all the basketball they played there junior and senior years in high school then I am worried. Most at this level play AAU basketball, and travel all over the country in NCAA viewing tournaments, sometimes playing two games a day at these tournaments. week over week and and it's basketball 12 months out of the year. And if you've ever seen NCAA viewing tournaments. it's not about slowing the ball down. It's extremely fast paced with everyone trying to outdo the other. Don't buy it being tired. I realize your in bed with MW which is fine. I'm not asking for magic, I asking for a coach to coach, These kids are horrible on defense, again, if they can't make a basket, they should be at least be able to demonstrate basic footwork and fundamental defensive posture.
    So now your saying that high school kids strength and conditioning is the same as D1 college. And your also implying that D1 basketball is equally as physical as high school basketball when they are competing against 16 year old kids vs 21 year olds. Will you please put the dunce hat on and sit in the corner.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So now your saying that high school kids strength and conditioning is the same as D1 college. And your also implying that D1 basketball is equally as physical as high school basketball when they are competing against 16 year old kids vs 21 year olds. Will you please put the dunce hat on and sit in the corner.
    insults? tsk tsk... I wont call you an idiot or anything like that. but u defy laws or logic and intellect. three seasons in and a six win total in the third year? and it will take miracle to get to ten wins next season. Thank goodness denver and fort wayne are in our conference, that's 4.

So stop acting like an ass and enjoy/participate in the discussion. sheeesh

I would just like to know which is it? In the past you have cut on ND high school basketball as not being good and not producing d1 talent but now you are saying the girls should be ready for a full D1 season and be at top form in their freshman year without the benefit of having a year of experience at the D1 level right out of ND high school ball.

And you never answered the question when you were asked earlier who we should hire. So who is it?