Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Bison - P. Stratioti

Default Former Bison - P. Stratioti

Anyone know what is going on with Paige?

She ran a 2:05 (and change) 800m here at NDSU - an excellent time. She then transferred to Kansas State U along with Ryun (the coach). She did not run last year in T & F - not in indoor not in outdoor. I see that this year so far she has not competed in any events (per the KSU stats sheets). I wonder why not.

Default Re: Former Bison - P. Stratioti

modelling career?? (shes beautiful!)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Anyone know what is going on with Paige?

She ran a 2:05 (and change) 800m here at NDSU - an excellent time. She then transferred to Kansas State U along with Ryun (the coach). She did not run last year in T & F - not in indoor not in outdoor. I see that this year so far she has not competed in any events (per the KSU stats sheets). I wonder why not.
    They listed her as a senior in 2016 for track so she may have run out of eligibility. But it is weird to not see her run at all since she could have done well as a post grad.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    They listed her as a senior in 2016 for track so she may have run out of eligibility. But it is weird to not see her run at all since she could have done well as a post grad.
    That helps to show why I am a little confused. She did not run a single meet last year, which I took to mean that she sat out a year, which I assumed was part of the NCAA transfer rules. Therefore I expected to see her running again this track season.

I hope that she still has eligibility left. She was a great talent and I thought a future DI All American. Since she had run a 2:05 something 800m, I assumed she would improve a little more each year she had left, had a good chance of improving 1-4 seconds.

Oh well ... I am a little disappointed, but I appreciate the info Mr. Troy.

Paige is running today in the Miami University Track Meet in Florida.
    Glad to see she is back. I hope she runs well for Kansas State.

Update: She ran a 2:13 800m. Winning time was 2:00. Second place was 2:06. I thought she would do better. Her best at NDSU was slightly under 2:06. I think this is her first college meet in over a year. Apparently a little rusty. We'll see as the season progresses if she lost something by leaving NDSU or is just off to a slow start (for her).
    Last edited by Buffalo.Rider; 03-26-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Paige ran a 2:11.99 this past weekend, or 2:12 if we round it up. (Good for 168th best in collegiate women as of end of 4/1)

Quite a bit off her best. I would love to see her make the NCAAs in the 800m, get in the final and place high.
    But running times like that will not get into the NCAA regionals and I am surprised she is not in the 2:08 or so range by now.
    The outdoor season is early so too soon to make any judgments. She will need to run low 2s to be competitive for an NCAA 800m title,
    will likely need 2:05 or better to make the final. A lot of good 800m women at present. Amy Andrushko (NDSU) is 24th with her recent 2:07.75.

Ms. Stratioti ran a 2:13 something last week. Ran a 2:11.8 today, good for 4th in the Texas Invitational. Weather was about 80 degrees, wind 8-10mph, and sunny so close to perfect conditions. This is her
    best time this outdoor season ... still wondering if she is going to finally 'break out' and run the 2:05 to 2:10 800ms that ran at NDSU. I am surprised she is not under 2:10 yet.

There's nothing perfect about 80 degrees.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Ms. Stratioti ran a 2:13 something last week. Ran a 2:11.8 today, good for 4th in the Texas Invitational. Weather was about 80 degrees, wind 8-10mph, and sunny so close to perfect conditions. This is her
    best time this outdoor season ... still wondering if she is going to finally 'break out' and run the 2:05 to 2:10 800ms that ran at NDSU. I am surprised she is not under 2:10 yet.
    I don't get it either. I know that she is a grad student but that really shouldn't affect her.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Paige ran a 2:12 800m last weekend at the Kansas State Tune-up meet (tune-up for the big-12 championships). Though she is a Wildcat, still wish her the best.

She gets one last chance to 'breakout' - the Big 12 Championships. With her 2:11 or so for a best time this outdoor seasons, she is not in the Top 250 of the tfrrs.org list. This means she won't make it into the West Region NCAA meet at the end of May - unless she improves significantly this next weekend. The current 100th best time in the nation this year for college women is 2:07.87. I think the top 48 of the West region and top 48 of the East region qualify for the regional meets, so roughly the top 96 athletes get to go.

I wish she would have stayed at NDSU. With Erin Teschuk, Amy Andrushko, and Maddie as coach (and as a training partner?), she would have had the people and environment to continue doing well. Since she was close to making All-American in two outdoor seasons at NDSU, I tend to think she would have made it on her third attempt and another couple of seconds improvement down into the 2:03 to 2:04 range.