Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former Bison - P. Stratioti

Default Re: Former Bison - P. Stratioti

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Paige ran a 2:12 800m last weekend at the Kansas State Tune-up meet (tune-up for the big-12 championships). Though she is a Wildcat, still wish her the best.

She gets one last chance to 'breakout' - the Big 12 Championships. With her 2:11 or so for a best time this outdoor seasons, she is not in the Top 250 of the tfrrs.org list. This means she won't make it into the West Region NCAA meet at the end of May - unless she improves significantly this next weekend. The current 100th best time in the nation this year for college women is 2:07.87.
    Just some observations:

-43 US high school girls have run sub 2:12 800 meters this outdoor season.
    -The top high school time this season this far is 2:04.44
    -5 high school girls have run the 800 under 2:07.87 this spring.

Default Re: Former Bison - P. Stratioti

Big 12 championships ... Paige ran a 2:12:52 (or basically a 2:13) in the prelims, did not qualify for the finals. Looks like this is her last collegiate race. Sad to see she did not have a better year. After running 2:05.94 at NDSU and seeing her transfer to Kansas State, I thought she almost surely would get better and fare well at the NCAAs. I don't know any details, whether the consistently subpar performances were mental, too long a break from competing, plaguing injuries, a loss of desire, or something else. She was a great talent and seemingly the next great 800m runner at NDSU. So long Paige ! We would have cheered for you at the NCAA Championships.

Wish she would have stayed a Bison. In my opinion she would have been a Division I All-American in the 800m if she would have stayed at NDSU.
    I don't know all the circumstances that made her choose to go to KSU ... if there was more than just Ryun leaving, then perhaps this last point is unfair ... but I think the environment and culture on the 'SU track team would have driven her to an 800m top 16.
    Last edited by Buffalo.Rider; 05-16-2017 at 01:07 AM.