Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota 2/4

Default Re: South Dakota 2/4

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I didn't say you don't gel or scream... how about some help from the pa
    How about we get the band in the middle of the students instead of out on the edge band cheers and chants
    How about while we are working on this we change introductions as the video and the team introduced is not good
    And it doesn't inspire crowd participation
    Game day presentation is far worse then the leg room
    I was at the SD game also. Sometimesm and I am exaggerating, the USD fan crowd with very little people seemed louder than us.

These are all valid points you bring up: To have the Yell Leaders (the guys in the yellow suits) there. To have the PA ramp it up more.

Who do we email or speak to about such questions. I am serious, if I have a suggestion I always like to ask or suggest it to the person who can actually do something about it. For example, regarding the Pep Band, would a suggestion to the Band Director, Dr. Sigurd Johnson, be the most appropriate or who would be?
    For the Yell Leaders, who?

For other suggestion who? I know there is a director of fan engagement, is that Justin Swanson.

I think they might be all ears to fan suggestions. I think they want a good fan experience as much as the next person.

Maybe if the students could somehow be reached or shown how other schools cheer at BB games and get some creative ideas, that would help.

At some points, it felt like we were watching a Ladies Golf Match.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Saw alot of students at the game. Didn't hear any students at the game.
    I'm sorry but how can you guys be downing the students here? Granted, it was not as loud as it should have been, but our section is packed every single game. Old BSA when we had sideline we stood practically the whole game. Now we see a half empty sideline for 90% of the games.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont understand the lack of the inside game. Do they just work it around the perimeter looking for the open shot or did USD shut down the inside game? Isnt there a strategy to get them in foul trouble or at least the bonus? Its like if the 3s arent dropping we are in trouble.

Our only offensive threat in the low post is Dex. We don't have anyone (besides maybe Ward) who will beat you off the dribble, get to the rim and finish. Dupree used to have a good midrange pull up game. Defense our perimeter game and we struggle offensively. Teams IMO are figuring this out. Would like to see more movement without the ball, back cuts, flex cuts etc....Don't trash the weave, just run something different once in a while.

USD guarded the perimeter well and dared us to go to the basket. We have no mid-range game. It's easy to guard.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    USD guarded the perimeter well and dared us to go to the basket. We have no mid-range game. It's easy to guard.
    I thought USD did a good job of stopping our attempts to penetrate. We were not aggressive enough trying to penetrate imho. Sometimes you have to force the action, create contact which should equal fouls. If we can't penetrate then our 3's are contested. Of course we have no midrange game. The jump shot is a lost art. That game should have been a real physical game the way they were playing defense but we didn't bring the fight to them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The 18-0 run at the end of the 1st half doomed us in this game. We had a shot to come back and then the officials took it upon themselves to end our run and swing the momentum back. Down 6 and Tyson Ward taking a steal the other way getting mugged and calling it a jump ball was one of the worst calls I've ever seen, should've been 2 more pts on the board for us there and then on the other end AJ made a great block and on that they called a foul and the guy made both free throws. 4 point swing when we were storming back caused by horrible officiating. That being said we can fall into that big of a hole and expect to win. Tyson being in foul trouble the whole game really hurt us as when he was in there he was making plays. AJ couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and Khy really struggled. We need someone to be able to help Paul Miller out on offense out of the starters and we didn't get that in this game. Dex & Tyson did well off the bench but none of the other starters contributed to the cause. We've went from having a chance to lock up the one seed with a couple weeks of the season left to now having to fight and claw our way through the rest of the season just to get the 1 or 2 seed. Couple of huge games this week, need them bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The 18-0 run at the end of the 1st half doomed us in this game. We had a shot to come back and then the officials took it upon themselves to end our run and swing the momentum back. Down 6 and Tyson Ward taking a steal the other way getting mugged and calling it a jump ball was one of the worst calls I've ever seen, should've been 2 more pts on the board for us there and then on the other end AJ made a great block and on that they called a foul and the guy made both free throws. 4 point swing when we were storming back caused by horrible officiating. That being said we can fall into that big of a hole and expect to win. Tyson being in foul trouble the whole game really hurt us as when he was in there he was making plays. AJ couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and Khy really struggled. We need someone to be able to help Paul Miller out on offense out of the starters and we didn't get that in this game. Dex & Tyson did well off the bench but none of the other starters contributed to the cause. We've went from having a chance to lock up the one seed with a couple weeks of the season left to now having to fight and claw our way through the rest of the season just to get the 1 or 2 seed. Couple of huge games this week, need them bad.
    How many timeout did NDSU take in that 18-0 run. Ill hang up and listen.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I agree, both AJ and Miller can spot up and shoot well, but USD played everyone off the "weave" as if they were going to the basket, and they were effective. I think AJ and Miller both can take 2 or 3 hard steps to the basket off the weave, then off the dribble, pull up into a jump shot, and ease that pressure.

What I don't understand and it's happened way too many times, we seem to get the other team in foul trouble and go completely away from driving to the hoop or going inside to Dex to draw more fouls. We get in the bonus and then we just start chucking jump shots, makes no sense but then our entire offense or lack thereof makes no sense to me. I've resigned myself to the fact we are a jump shooting team and if we aren't hitting our jump shots we are in trouble. Just hope the guys don't get cold come tourney time.

I know that the 18 unanswered points by USD in the 1st half has been pointed out, but until today I hadn't looked up the TIME drought that NDSU suffered through.

8:16 without scoring in the first half (between 11:00 and 2:44)

Incredible!