Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Jackson Hankey

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Jackson Hankey

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    crazy how much shit this kid got through the year for being a liability yet he ranked in the top 10 in total tackles in the FCS...
    49 tackles just in the playoffs...

My brother and I took his son to the Montana St playoff game last season. My seat was separated from theirs but they were seated next to some family members of Jackson's and by the end of the game we were invited (they practically insisted) that we join them on the field to meet Jackson, which we did. Hankey was gracious with his time taking photos and chatting with us for several minutes about that game, and preparations for the upcoming championship over the holidays. It was a highlight from the trip i was not expecting to have. He's a nice young man and I hope he has 200 tackles this season, with half of them for loss. I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    My brother and I took his son to the Montana St playoff game last season. My seat was separated from theirs but they were seated next to some family members of Jackson's and by the end of the game we were invited (they practically insisted) that we join them on the field to meet Jackson, which we did. Hankey was gracious with his time taking photos and chatting with us for several minutes about that game, and preparations for the upcoming championship over the holidays. It was a highlight from the trip i was not expecting to have. He's a nice young man and I hope he has 200 tackles this season, with half of them for loss. I'm a fan.
    Love to hear it!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was certainly a critic but am mostly sold now. I watch most games on line, texting with other Bison fans that I know are also watching. I was so frustrated at times that my predictive text would suggest "Hankey" after each time I wrote the word "fucking". At the time, my perspective was that he was kind slow, got caught up in the wash a bunch, and had his pad level too high while engaged in either a block or tackle that he had a hard time being fully effective. I remember one play, can't remember which game, where he caught an interception down the middle and then lumbered so awkwardly and slowly that it was kinda funny. At the time, I was taken aback by the bad look. After thinking about it, however, he was in the perfect spot and had enough speed to be in position in the deep secondary. From my perspective, he might be the most improved player on the defense last year. By the end of the season, he was playing at a pretty high level.

I remember another slow-ish but effective Bison MLB from the past. His name is Grant Olson and he's schooling up Jackson every day. It certainly shows.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I was certainly a critic but am mostly sold now. I watch most games on line, texting with other Bison fans that I know are also watching. I was so frustrated at times that my predictive text would suggest "Hankey" after each time I wrote the word "fucking". At the time, my perspective was that he was kind slow, got caught up in the wash a bunch, and had his pad level too high while engaged in either a block or tackle that he had a hard time being fully effective. I remember one play, can't remember which game, where he caught an interception down the middle and then lumbered so awkwardly and slowly that it was kinda funny. At the time, I was taken aback by the bad look. After thinking about it, however, he was in the perfect spot and had enough speed to be in position in the deep secondary. From my perspective, he might be the most improved player on the defense last year. By the end of the season, he was playing at a pretty high level.

I remember another slow-ish but effective Bison MLB from the past. His name is Grant Olson and he's schooling up Jackson every day. It certainly shows.
    I believe the comparisons to Grant are apt af. The coaching staff was high on Jackson prior to last season, which is high praise for a sophomore. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in football IQ. And football IQ goes a long way when you’re the QB of the Defense.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I believe the comparisons to Grant are apt af. The coaching staff was high on Jackson prior to last season, which is high praise for a sophomore. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in football IQ. And football IQ goes a long way when you’re the QB of the Defense.
    What happens to this football IQ on the game threads? Does it get checked at the door? Does tony have some kind of block on it?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    What happens to this football IQ on the game threads? Does it get checked at the door? Does tony have some kind of block on it?
    I don’t think Jackson is checking the game threads, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I don’t think Jackson is checking the game threads, but I could be wrong.
    Haha, wasn't talking about Jackson. Just wondering what happens to the collective football IQ on the gameday threads...seems to be missing.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Haha, wasn't talking about Jackson. Just wondering what happens to the collective football IQ on the gameday threads...seems to be missing.
    Ah yes... I can’t speak for anyone else, but my amygdala completely takes over on Gameday and I lose all intellect and reason while watching the Bison play football.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Already in the top ten for unassisted tackles, about to enter the top ten for total tackles.