Thread: Final Home Dual of the Season

Default Final Home Dual of the Season

This Friday, February 3rd is the last home dual of the season against Big 12 opponent Utah Valley at the SHAC in the Scheels Center at 7 pm.

This will also be "Senior Night" recognizing four valuable athletes in Josh Rodriguez, Logan Paxton, Nate Rykerd and Ben Tynan.

If Senior Night wasn't enough to get out to the SHAC, how about FREE Bison stocking caps to first 300! LOL! Seriously it would be great to pack the house to honor these seniors.
    Last edited by Gladiator Dad; 02-01-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Default Re: Final Home Dual of the Season

Really bad dual for NDSU so far

This might be a loss....reallllly really flat performance

If the score ends 19-19, NDSU will lose

Can mcnutt save the team? Needs bonus. Was kind of hoping for a Paxton headlock here

I am bummed, personally, a tough loss for me.
    “To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. He is proud of a common heritage and loyal to common traditions. But he regards government as a means, an instrumentality, neither a grantor of favors and gifts, nor a master or god to be blindly worshiped and served. He recognizes no national goal except as it is the consensus of the goals that the citizens severally serve.”
    ― Milton Friedman

I thought the team looked a little flat tonight. We lost some winnable matches & didn't get bonus points where we're used to getting them. The fall at 149 surprised me. The way Friedman has been wrestling lately I thought he would keep it close giving him a chance to win it.

I thought tonight went as bad as possible, barring an injury. I sure hope they've started tapering for the end of year tournaments, because the conditioning looked bad.
    125- Looked gassed, which never happens with him. Sat on his lead and didn't get the major. Also didn't take coach Kish's advice on cutting promptly and it cost him. He laid on his back after getting off the mat, which again, never happens.
    133- Another third period where he was content. Kudos to Cam for ensuring he did get the bonus late in this one though.
    141- Just overmatched. Good job to fight off his back, but he put himself in a bad position and essentially put himself to his back.
    149- That was surprising. Friedman has wrestled really well all year and I expected him to win a close one tonight.
    157- Clay looked very good. Lofthouse worried me going in, as he wrestles a lot of good guys really close, but Clay dominated him.
    165- Big performance by Fogarty tonight to keep the team in it. He was really tough on top and finished strong.
    174- He was never in this match. Lacked his typical early aggression, which I think he needed to pull the upset.
    184- Still the most frustrating guy to watch IMO. Needs to get stronger in the offseason.
    197- Competed well early, but got pretty gassed. He was telegraphing his hi-c for a while but finally hit a single and it worked. 2 takedowns and a close match vs a quality opponent is something to build on for Cordell. Also, wrestle on the edge young man! That's been a fairly consistent problem with him.
    HWT- Just a terrible match. Outside of Ben's matches vs Larson, this was the worst I've seen him. The worst part, is this probably takes away any chance at the B12 getting that AQ spot, unless Dennison can win out in the regular season and knock off Nathan Butler. With his loss tonight and lack of matches against high quality guys, I can't imagine Tynan will be ranked high in the RPI either.

The ref wasn't good either. The stall on Sykora was an absolute joke, should've been a stalemate. He clearly didn't understand when he was supposed to start the 5 count when guys were on the legs either. He had a very excessive pause from referees position the majority of the night, but probably 5 times, he had no pause. Stalling was kind of erratic too.

I disagreed pretty strongly with the choice in the third period at HWT. Ben was non-competitive in the 1st from his feet and wasn't active on bottom through 2 periods. Yet on top in the 2nd he nearly had a turn and rode well for a minute plus before he got reversed. I would've put him on top and let him go for a turn to win. Disagreed with putting Rodriguez neutral in the third too. Traditionally he hasn't been great on bottom, but he has gotten better this year. If he can't get away vs UVU, how is he going to get away at NCAAs? He also missed a major by 1 point.

Joel Vettel was rough too, but that's the norm.

Ending on a positive note...Fogarty and Clay looked great and my nachos were pretty good.

Edit: Thank you to the seniors too! Hopefully Ben and Josh can make some noise at NCAAs and go out on a high note

Great breakdown Big Bird. Here's Kish's post dual press conference I think you can tell he was definitely not happy with the effort

https://youtu.be/15Dq4auzDB0

Glad your nachos were at least good last night. LOL