Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Default Re: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    This is not true.
    Confirmed tonight that we indeed DID NOT offer Ott! We had contact with him no offer. As I said before, good player go luck to him at UND. F'n Hawk rubes get over it!
    Last edited by bisonforever; 02-02-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Umm, Ok--you know the future better than I. We'll see I guess. He is gonna need to beat some people out for PT. And, do your math a bit better AND understand we need more athletic OLs. Your fucking world!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I understand we have a few OLmen waiting in the wings that are pretty athletic to the point where there might be a shuffle of positions.
    We are pretty thick at OT and they have to find a way to get a couple of them playing time as they are that good. My bet is Kuenert goes to guard. Volson Center. The other guard and two tackles are gong to be very interesting.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    How did we miss on this guy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedbirdFB...97183018082305

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Buffalomeat sounds like he deserves a beat down from us. After the Bison kick somebodys ass they say "Yo, that dudes Buffalo meat!"

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Umm, Ok--you know the future better than I. We'll see I guess. He is gonna need to beat some people out for PT. And, do your math a bit better AND understand we need more athletic OLs. Your fucking world!!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    From what I understand we have a few OLmen waiting in the wings that are pretty athletic to the point where there might be a shuffle of positions.
    We are pretty thick at OT and they have to find a way to get a couple of them playing time as they are that good. My bet is Kuenert goes to guard. Volson Center. The other guard and two tackles are gong to be very interesting.
    We definitely need to get more athletic. Last year we were way less athletic at LT and RG. Conor and Plankers were bulldozers but they couldn't pull like Jeremy Kelly or Joe Haeg.

I don't think we need to convert any of those TEs though. I think we have to figure out a way to get Zach Johnson and Radunz on the field at the same time.

Personally I'd like to see us move Connor to either RG or RT where he's an upgrade athletically and then slide ZJ or Radunz into his old spot. Also wanna see Cordell Volson win a spot. 6-6 300 lbs and athletic...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    Confirmed tonight that we indeed DID NOT offer Ott! We had contact with him no offer. As I said before, good player go luck to him at UND.
    All we need are the UND posters to predict where Babicz will play and the opposite will be our answer

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We definitely need to get more athletic. Last year we were way less athletic at LT and RG. Conor and Plankers were bulldozers but they couldn't pull like Jeremy Kelly or Joe Haeg.

I don't think we need to convert any of those TEs though. I think we have to figure out a way to get Zach Johnson and Radunz on the field at the same time.

Personally I'd like to see us move Connor to either RG or RT where he's an upgrade athletically and then slide ZJ or Radunz into his old spot. Also wanna see Cordell Volson win a spot. 6-6 300 lbs and athletic...
    I agree sounds like little Zach and radunz are both athletic and have lots of promise. Be interesting to see how it unfolds with 3 spots open and lots of competition

Expecting one or two of TEs to be moved to OL--Mauch & Babicz are my picks.

Also think Seth Wilson with be the back we have been wanted for a long time. Similar to Abdullah in both speed, endurance and strength/finishing runs. Man I hope we use him right. I really like him. "Small school" (sorry for the emphasis quotes Tony) but I don't care. We have had lots of great backs from so-called "small schools".

CAS, just wondering why are you expecting one of the TE's to be moved? Only to get more athletic? You may well be right, but we also lose 3 TE's to graduation in the next 2 years (plus didn't Lashua announce he is done playing football? Even if not, he would make 4) and last years TE recruits are either gone (Lund) or potentially changing positions (one of the coaches shows mentioned Biegler moving to DT). Ellefson and Anderson are the only other TE's on the roster, so they need to start developing replacements for Illies, Wentz, and Jensen.

Last years OL class has been rumored to be very solid and deep (Radunz, Hecht, Volson have all been mentioned by name as standouts at some point), and all 7 redshirted. The position of greater need is arguably TE (much like bringing in extra DE's after getting poached a bit last year), especially if they plan on using Gindorff and/or Babicz in more of a receiving role.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Actually, I agree. I'm not sure why some are so obsessed with whether or not a guy was recruited by NDSU or not. As long as the kid performs well on the field and buys into the coaches system, then I'm glad we got him (ex. Will Ratelle - Not sure if he had any other offers when he came out of HS).

UND may go after some of the same kids that NDSU goes after, but they won't start winning those recruiting battles (or at least not more of them) until the winning becomes consistent. Granted there are other factors that can come into play as well (Location, Major, Facilities, Playing Time and Depth Chart, General feel for the campus and school). This year was another step forward. But UND needs to emulate the type of winning culture that you see in NDSU, EWU, MT, SHSU or any other team that is strong on an annual basis. Doing that will make recruiting battles more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Get over yourself.......UND football tradition will never be bigger than NDSU. Not even close for the next 30 years.
    I never said anything about UND football tradition being bigger than NDSU? I said UND needs to try to emulate the winning culture that the perennial powers have. That and I don't understand why some of our fans are obsessed with whether or not a UND recruit had an NDSU offer. It really doesn't matter who else they have offers from, if he is the right player for the right team and buys into the system. I think we have all seem highly touted recruits struggle and no-name recruits or walk-ons have terrific career. What part of that statement was so controversial for you?

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    I never said anything about UND football tradition being bigger than NDSU? I said UND needs to try to emulate the winning culture that the perennial powers have. That and I don't understand why some of our fans are obsessed with whether or not a UND recruit had an NDSU offer. It really doesn't matter who else they have offers from, if he is the right player for the right team and buys into the system. I think we have all seem highly touted recruits struggle and no-name recruits or walk-ons have terrific career. What part of that statement was so controversial for you?
    yeah good coaches recruit players who fit their system. The DE you guys got is a good fit for the 3-4. My favorite example was Jeff Bentrim. Most people don't realize he was an option QB in high school. Obviously it helped as he was one of the best option QBs in college history and played as a freshman

Right, but apparently their coaching staff told their fans the opposite.

I guess whatever they need to do to try and pump up egos.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.