Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Just be glad we don't get kids who do shit like this.

https://youtu.be/eWSkF9sPEBc?t=56
    Even I think that kid is a fucking tool. Just wait for the trickle down of douchbagery by top recruits inspired by this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Who knows, you guys usually don't admit to offers and say you pulled the money which allowed UND to get a player. Doesn't matter anyway, not like NDSU offered Santiago or Reyes.
    Sites like rivals, scout, and 24-7 are not run by NDSU so not sure what your talking about. The players themselves provide the info

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Tell about about the Gibson kid that turned down your scholarship for a DII school?
    He obviously was scared of our depth chart. Too soft to play defense. We pulled his offer. We never offered him in the first place. Did I miss any classic bisonville excuses?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Marcus Hayes committed to New Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's him. I am surprised he chose that program over ours. We win (games AND championships) and produce NFL talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Just be glad we don't get kids who do shit like this.

https://youtu.be/eWSkF9sPEBc?t=56
    Even I think that kid is a fucking tool. Just wait for the trickle down of douchbagery by top recruits inspired by this.
    That's about the only thing we will all agree on. Not very often I root for a kid to fail...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

He obviously was scared of our depth chart. Too soft to play defense. We pulled his offer. We never offered him in the first place. Did I miss any classic bisonville excuses?
    Cause JJ said he would much rather play at und. I'm sure he would have signed at und over ndsu if it wasn't for Minnesota.

Blame ESPN for televising shit like that.

The "we pulled an offer" only applies after we signed players of the same position first. Example: The kid who signed with Navy (Sims) was an offer until we signed Seth Wilson. At that time... no offer is on the table because we only take 1 running back. Then the guy goes out on Twitter and says he's deciding between NDSU, USD, and Navy when he didn't have an offer anymore. Does it only to boost his own stock hoping to get a bigger offer. So if he had chosen USD... they would have claimed to have beaten us when they really didn't. But he chose Navy

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The "we pulled an offer" only applies after we signed players of the same position first. Example: The kid who signed with Navy (Sims) was an offer until we signed Seth Wilson. At that time... no offer is on the table because we only take 1 running back. Then the guy goes out on Twitter and says he's deciding between NDSU, USD, and Navy when he didn't have an offer anymore. Does it only to boost his own stock hoping to get a bigger offer. So if he had chosen USD... they would have claimed to have beaten us when they really didn't. But he chose Navy
    He was using an ndsu offer to generate interest. I'm sure und had some good battles for recruits with Valley city and jamestown.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Just me, but if Sims had interest, he would have signed, so definitely a loss in my book. Same for Christion when NDSU recrutied him out of Sioux Falls, but not as a QB. SDSU clearly won that.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 02-01-2017 at 05:14 PM.