Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Default Re: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Expecting one or two of TEs to be moved to OL--Mauch & Babicz are my picks.

Also think Seth Wilson with be the back we have been wanted for a long time. Similar to Abdullah in both speed, endurance and strength/finishing runs. Man I hope we use him right. I really like him. "Small school" (sorry for the emphasis quotes Tony) but I don't care. We have had lots of great backs from so-called "small schools".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Also think Seth Wilson with be the back we have been wanted for a long time. Similar to Abdullah in both speed, endurance and strength/finishing runs. Man I hope we use him right. I really like him. "Small school" (sorry for the emphasis quotes Tony) but I don't care. We have had lots of great backs from so-called "small schools".

Babicz looks closer to a receiver but Mauch is a blocker. Polasek said he will learn the slot position. Avery is so much like Andrew Bonnet physically.

Seth Wilson.. One of my favorite recruits ever

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

You may be right about Wilson playing next season. I was struck by Kleiman's comment in his press conference that he thought Seth could be of help right away.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

There is a less than 0% chance that this happens, FWIW.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Why do you F'Hawkers get mad if your recruits didn't get a NDSU offer? You guys are acting as if they lost some type of legitimacy.

I think it's pretty clear UND is not going to be chasing after NDSU recruits.

Actually, I agree. I'm not sure why some are so obsessed with whether or not a guy was recruited by NDSU or not. As long as the kid performs well on the field and buys into the coaches system, then I'm glad we got him (ex. Will Ratelle - Not sure if he had any other offers when he came out of HS).

UND may go after some of the same kids that NDSU goes after, but they won't start winning those recruiting battles (or at least not more of them) until the winning becomes consistent. Granted there are other factors that can come into play as well (Location, Major, Facilities, Playing Time and Depth Chart, General feel for the campus and school). This year was another step forward. But UND needs to emulate the type of winning culture that you see in NDSU, EWU, MT, SHSU or any other team that is strong on an annual basis. Doing that will make recruiting battles more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Tyler Roehl on signing party radio:

TE Austin Avery - can be position flexible, an Andrew Bonnet type

TE Costner Ching - big & strong already, 250 already, Coach Goeser (DT's) will be begging for him on defense

Excited about RB Adam Cofield for next season

Coach Goeser: Was able to fly to Gillette, Wyoming for recruiting, fortunately.

DL Lane Tucker - 6' 3" 255 - will be up to 285 at DT in no time

Coach Klieman: Expects to play a true freshman defensive back next fall, at least on special teams

Disappointed not to be in Frisco, but that allowed for a week of recruiting where the Coaching Staff was able to find Dawson Weber, Joshua Hayes and Michael Tutsie. Had lost some dback recruits. Gave them a month to get to know them and establish a relationship with them. Those 3 were not summer camp kids.

Coach Entz: Gave Michael Tutsie a Colton Heagle comp at S
    Here's the full show

Signing Day Special Full Show
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...cial-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    Actually, I agree. I'm not sure why some are so obsessed with whether or not a guy was recruited by NDSU or not. As long as the kid performs well on the field and buys into the coaches system, then I'm glad we got him (ex. Will Ratelle - Not sure if he had any other offers when he came out of HS).

UND may go after some of the same kids that NDSU goes after, but they won't start winning those recruiting battles (or at least not more of them) until the winning becomes consistent. Granted there are other factors that can come into play as well (Location, Major, Facilities, Playing Time and Depth Chart, General feel for the campus and school). This year was another step forward. But UND needs to emulate the type of winning culture that you see in NDSU, EWU, MT, SHSU or any other team that is strong on an annual basis. Doing that will make recruiting battles more interesting.
    Get over yourself.......UND football tradition will never be bigger than NDSU. Not even close for the next 30 years.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    He is athletic lengthy, and catches with his hands. Imo he looks like more of a receiving threat than most TE we recruit

Default Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Umm, Ok--you know the future better than I. We'll see I guess. He is gonna need to beat some people out for PT. And, do your math a bit better AND understand we need more athletic OLs. Your fucking world!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    You might be correct. So quit flapping your gums and show some evidence.
    Heard it directly from someone who has first hand knowledge of his recruitment and absolutely zero to benefit from it one way or another. Not sure where the insecurity comes from that a late offer didn't sway a long term relationship, it's the same reasoning behind NDSU keeping Grindorff, they put in the time. He is also looking into the medical field which played a part as well.