Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Default Re: Official 2017 Signing Day Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Was there room for the 2017 trophy on that shelf?
    Just barely.

Is there going to be any discussion of which sports are getting the axe at UND during this live TV coverage? I might tune in for that.

BTW Midco televising your signing day is just South Dakota's way of trolling UND for their recruiting class.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Just barely.

Is there going to be any discussion of which sports are getting the axe at UND during this live TV coverage? I might tune in for that.
    another thread that has ZERO to do with another school ruined

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Ummm, you think four DL recruits is too few? It was going to be five before Metz decided to concentrate on wrestling.

How many did you expect? They got only one last year, 4 in 2015 but one left in camp, three in 2014. They did get 5 in 2013 but that was highly unusual, 2-3 is the normal range. I am not sure they have ever had the kind of potential coming in that they have this year in any previous years when you consider numbers and quality. I am personally thrilled.

I think your thought process that there needed to be more is a bit unrealistic, especially when you consider all four of these guys are scholarship players. Many of the TE prospects are PWOs so there aren't as many scholies tied up as you think.
    I admitted I miss counted the DL. Like you stated though things happen and kids don't always stick around for whatever reason it's good to have numbers on the lines IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, UNDies, of the players who had head to head NDSU vs UND offers, how many did UND score this year?
    Not even worth discussing at this point. I really don't have the number or info on who all had offers from both, but clearly NDSU won more battles. I know there have been arguments about whether or not Ott had an offer from NDSU, and frankly I don't care, I'm just glad we have him; looks to be a solid player.

I think the staff know they aren't going to win a lot of battles against NDSU at this point. They are getting closer to where they might be able to entice a few more each year, but its not an even playing field yet. UND has had consistent improvement, but only 1 solid season, and 1 playoff appearance. I'm interested to see if Bubba can now show consistency over the next 2-3 seasons. Then you might see UND winning some more battles. As it is now, UND will certainly offer "some" of the same players, but I think they tend to recruit a different group overall.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Just barely.

The important sports are safe so I'm not worried.

Question for the folks who follow Bison recruiting closely.

Who is the big time QB recruit in this class? I assume the kid from Florida, but how much do you expect the Apple Valley kid to compete? Or is potential to be that future starter, fairly even?

Ban this idiot so we can get back on topic.

Live from an actual indoor practice facility

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Who knows, you guys usually don't admit to offers and say you pulled the money which allowed UND to get a player. Doesn't matter anyway, not like NDSU offered Santiago or Reyes.
    So zero I assume based on this response? I know this is the usual answer, but just trying to confirm.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You guys sign anybody good or what?