Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Iupui 2/1

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Iupui 2/1

Fun game but disappointing ending. IUPUI has been playing at the fairgrounds for a couple years, but this was the first time I was able to see them. It would be a decent arena if they could get a crowd. It's hard for them to get much more than friends and family in this market though. IU and Purdue were both playing at home tonight and the Pacers were on the road. Butler is also drawing huge crowds. There will be a HS basketball double header in this arena tomorrow night, and it will likely draw a much bigger crowd.

bison_iupui.jpg

yea embarrassing loss at an embarrassing venue (crowd) maybe 400 fans, MAYBE. why does NDSU want to play in this crap league
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tough loss last night, I only got to watch the first half due to having city league but IUPUI was shooting the lights out and we were struggling a bit on offense. I was glad we continued to fight and had a chance to win and gave it our best shot but when a team shoots like that at home it's tough to overcome. The good thing is USD beat Denver on Saturday and then Omaha beat USD last night to keep us 2 games up in the loss column. If we can get the W's in these next 3 games at home we are setting ourselves up very well for the tournament. Pack the SHAC on Saturday!!

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I know this is a team sport but MIA AJ almost single handily cost us the game tonight. Missing two wide open layups, no energy, and no defense by guarding O'Leary loosely and just flat out losing him all together. So frustrating to see from an upper class-men who should be leading by example. What does coach do to motivate this kid? Bench the kid and send a message that his lack of energy and lack of focus is unacceptable. Could call him out publicly but a very last resort and coach wouldn't do it anyway. Gotta do something to light a fire under this kids ass.

Great seeing Ward continue to grow and develop and have another great game. When people were saying earlier in the season to bench AJ and start this kid I thought it was crazy. Now I absolutely believe that is the best move. Maybe AJ coming off the bench with Dex may be what he needs to take some pressure off him if that is an issue. Definitely a lost opportunity on a very winnable game. Bison will bounce back and need to pick up these next three at home. Bison better get used to having a target on their back and getting everybody's best game because that is exactly the way it is going to be from here on out. Go Bison!

This, I was going to post the same thing. AJ's minutes need to go down to around 20 a game. Let's play Geu more. AJ other than two games hasn't given us much all year. This wasn't a bad game by AJ. It is the norm this year. Plays a ton of minutes but gives us very little.

Hard to imagine but for some reason he has taken a step back this year. Not sure why?

Ward is a stud! Fun to watch. Only getting better. Anyone else think Geu should be playing more?

When AJ is on, he is really on. Not sure what the deal is with him this year. He seems hesitant to shoot sometimes. I think they need to start Ward and bring AJ off the bench. Two things can result from this. Ward will get more minutes and more production being the hot shooter as of late. And AJ might have the same affect that Dex has coming off the bench.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    When AJ is on, he is really on. Not sure what the deal is with him this year. He seems hesitant to shoot sometimes. I think they need to start Ward and bring AJ off the bench. Two things can result from this. Ward will get more minutes and more production being the hot shooter as of late. And AJ might have the same affect that Dex has coming off the bench.
    That is a bold move Cotton...

Not disagreeing.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AJ is a junior who is considered by Dave to be a leader on this team, he's going to be a starter, that's just how it's going to be. He's still a very good offensive player when he is aggressive, the problem is his lack of aggressiveness, he can get to the basket and finish and he has that nice spin move in the lane but he lacks the aggression to make that play consistently. He's also still shooting 48% from the 3PT line but again he hesitates to take his shot too often. This is just the coaching staff needing to get him to take those shots and be aggressive on offense but if he's going to continue to be hesitant I'd definitely like to see more of Geu. Drop AJ from 30 mpg to around 25-26 and increase Geu from 11 to 15 or so. Geu brings an entirely different dynamic to the offense and I think he plays very well on the court with Dex as people can't double Dex as easily when we have another guy that can finish down low like Geu can on the court. Our team has been playing well and I think Dave and the staff have done a great job as the season has gone on and this loss doesn't kill us but if there's one change that I'd like to see made it'd be more of Geu & Dex playing together.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    AJ is a junior who is considered by Dave to be a leader on this team, he's going to be a starter, that's just how it's going to be. He's still a very good offensive player when he is aggressive, the problem is his lack of aggressiveness, he can get to the basket and finish and he has that nice spin move in the lane but he lacks the aggression to make that play consistently. He's also still shooting 48% from the 3PT line but again he hesitates to take his shot too often. This is just the coaching staff needing to get him to take those shots and be aggressive on offense but if he's going to continue to be hesitant I'd definitely like to see more of Geu. Drop AJ from 30 mpg to around 25-26 and increase Geu from 11 to 15 or so. Geu brings an entirely different dynamic to the offense and I think he plays very well on the court with Dex as people can't double Dex as easily when we have another guy that can finish down low like Geu can on the court. Our team has been playing well and I think Dave and the staff have done a great job as the season has gone on and this loss doesn't kill us but if there's one change that I'd like to see made it'd be more of Geu & Dex playing together.
    Looks frequently worn down to me. IMO, he should not be playing the 4 unless its with Dylan as he does not have the size we need to rebound. I'd play him with Dylan, giving Dylan more minutes, then play Dex with Deng. If he's playinig well near the end of the conf, then ramp his minutes up. Sorry, like the kid, but would like to see more Deng and keep Aj fresh. Would mind a little Dex/Deng/AJ together too to see if that helps us rebound. To be honest, the guy that deserves minutes is Tyson.

AJ has looked fatigued for a long time. My guess is an underlying health issue or over training. I am convinced he puts forth a maximum amount of effort at all times to the point of stress affecting his performance. Fewer minutes and less pressure for him to be " the guy " seems like it would relax him. The team culture appears to at times have everyone on edge. It almost seems like fear of punishment for not being perfect keeps them from using all the skills they have. Too much structure (remember non-stop weave) can easily stifle good performance. They have clearly made progress this season in playing as a team. There are some very talented players on the team. When they relax and have fun they are at their best.

Form, Storm, Norm, Perform. The team is working though the last stages of Storm ( this stage of team building establishes where everyone fits ). It's time to get to Norm so everyone knows what to expect based on the opponent and matchups. Then Perform(ance) will produce the best results.

AJ is a passive version of Taylor Braun, if you catch my drift.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.