Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Iupui 2/1

Default Re: Iupui 2/1

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Whats everyone talking about that we rebounded bad?! They got 1 more rebound. Tough to beat a team that makes 14 threes! Ward continues to impress. Winning on the road is tough in this league. Time for some home cookin'!! Lets pack the SHAC these next three games!
    We were poor on the glass early but it got better.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I know this is a team sport but MIA AJ almost single handily cost us the game tonight. Missing two wide open layups, no energy, and no defense by guarding O'Leary loosely and just flat out losing him all together. So frustrating to see from an upper class-men who should be leading by example. What does coach do to motivate this kid? Bench the kid and send a message that his lack of energy and lack of focus is unacceptable. Could call him out publicly but a very last resort and coach wouldn't do it anyway. Gotta do something to light a fire under this kids ass.

Great seeing Ward continue to grow and develop and have another great game. When people were saying earlier in the season to bench AJ and start this kid I thought it was crazy. Now I absolutely believe that is the best move. Maybe AJ coming off the bench with Dex may be what he needs to take some pressure off him if that is an issue. Definitely a lost opportunity on a very winnable game. Bison will bounce back and need to pick up these next three at home. Bison better get used to having a target on their back and getting everybody's best game because that is exactly the way it is going to be from here on out. Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Khy was fouled on the inbound pass when the score was tied 72-72 with 4 seconds to play but the refs decided not to call it. That was the ballgame in my opinion.
    Don't want to sound like sour grapes, they still had their opportunities to win, but that was a questionable no call. Push out off the court from behind on the inbounds pass... how is that not a foul?

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Khy was fouled on the inbound pass when the score was tied 72-72 with 4 seconds to play but the refs decided not to call it. That was the ballgame in my opinion.
    That was a foul for sure. Being the end of the game, rarely will the refs blow the whistle in that case unless it is overly obvious which I disagree with but just saying. Dex also got hammered on the wrist a few times powering up to the hoop and those no calls baffled me more than anything.

Yeah, they aren't going to call a foul at the point unless it is on a shot and the foul is obvious.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Defend the 3 dammit!!! and Tyson Ward should be starting instead of AJ. period end of story.

non call at end of game screwed us

screw u tom douple!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I know this is a team sport but MIA AJ almost single handily cost us the game tonight. Missing two wide open layups, no energy, and no defense by guarding O'Leary loosely and just flat out losing him all together. So frustrating to see from an upper class-men who should be leading by example. What does coach do to motivate this kid? Bench the kid and send a message that his lack of energy and lack of focus is unacceptable. Could call him out publicly but a very last resort and coach wouldn't do it anyway. Gotta do something to light a fire under this kids ass.

Great seeing Ward continue to grow and develop and have another great game. When people were saying earlier in the season to bench AJ and start this kid I thought it was crazy. Now I absolutely believe that is the best move. Maybe AJ coming off the bench with Dex may be what he needs to take some pressure off him if that is an issue. Definitely a lost opportunity on a very winnable game. Bison will bounce back and need to pick up these next three at home. Bison better get used to having a target on their back and getting everybody's best game because that is exactly the way it is going to be from here on out. Go Bison!
    Can't agree more. Overall AJ's performance is disappointing.

I for one really think Dupree had a shitty game, numerous drives to the hoop only to put up a terrible shot, or get blocked. Very selfish player, bench him and let the freshman ward start the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Yeah, they aren't going to call a foul at the point unless it is on a shot and the foul is obvious.
    Pretty good defensive strategy then. Let them catch the ball then just push em out!

Quote Originally Posted by KINGRANCH View Post
    I for one really think Dupree had a shitty game, numerous drives to the hoop only to put up a terrible shot, or get blocked. Very selfish player, bench him and let the freshman ward start the rest of the year.
    Yeah, agree with Dupree as he had a shitty night as well. Shot clock winding down and his guy sprung open for a 3 and he closed out halfheartedly. Would be nice to see a game when everybody is clicking. Hopefully it happens in the big dance!