Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Can we lock up this 7th grader from kindred?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Offer her a full basketball and whatever they can for softball. Rumor is she is a much better softball player and she's already pretty darn good at basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Shanley defeats Davies for East Region title. IIRC, Davies beat Shanley at least once, if not twice, in regular season play.
    6' 3" Emily Dietz was the only returning starter from last season for the Deacons from the Sarah Jacobson teams.
    Dietz had 8 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks in the 60-47 victory. On to state!

Dietz was named to the All-EDC team, as were Akealy Moton (Fightin Hawks) and Kylee Irwin (SDSU).
    Irwin was named senior athlete of the year for Wahpeton. Her brother is a walk on for the Bison.

Did NDSU even off Irwin from Wahpeton? serious question. that's a huge MISS, so was that Madison mckeever from Erskine Minnesota.. GULP
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Here is a part of an article in the Winona Daily Press on Danneka Voegeli and her teammates. Sound like the girls know how to play defense and team is mentally tough. She will need both of these. Also love the comment about her yelling "Thank you" after a call. Love the competiveness in her game.

For the most part, the Winhawks kept her in check. She did finish with 18 points, 13 rebounds and three blocked shots, but there was never a time in the game where she dominated. That’s because Winona seniors Danneka Voegeli and Abby Winter, along with some fronting help from the 6-foot-2 Eden Nibbelink, worked on every possession to make it difficult for Lee to catch the ball.

Sometimes that led to fouls that Winona didn’t think were fouls, especially when the Winahwks didn’t feel they were getting the same calls at the other end. At one point, after drawing a foul call against Lee, Voegeli yelled out “Thank you!”

“It happens,” said Voegeli, who had 12 points and is headed to North Dakota State. “It’s pretty tough, but you just have to play through it.

“It can be frustrating, but our team is strong mentally. It’s not as hard as some people may think.”
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Lincoln Christian wins Nebraska Class C-1 tournament 45-41 over Kearney Catholic.
    Michelle Gaislerova with 3 points in the championship game, was named to the Class C-1 All Tournament Team.
    wait, we recruited a girl that can only score 3 points in a game?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison commit Emily Dietz had 12 points & 15 rebounds for her second double double in the State A tournament as Shanley reaches the title game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by dibison View Post
    bison commit emily dietz had 12 points & 15 rebounds for her second double double in the state a tournament as shanley reaches the title game tonight.
    and she got outplayed by a freshman from bis

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Bison commit Emily Dietz had 12 points & 15 rebounds for her second double double in the State A tournament as Shanley reaches the title game tonight.
    35 minutes until tipoff .
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Shanley down at halftime and Dietz is being defended well. Both teams shooting 25%. Play needs to be cleaner in second half. See how 2nd half goes.

Winona defeats DeLasalle 64-59 in Minnesota 3A quarterfinal game.
    6' 2" Danneka Voegeli with 10 points, 8 rebounds, but did foul ou late in the game.

Winona gets a rematch against Holy Angels, whom they lost to in last year's title game.
    Holy Angels led by Destinee Oberg, 6' 2" sophomore, a D1 prospect.

http://www.winonadailynews.com/sport...062a8279f.html

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    danneka with 11 points friday http://www.winonadailynews.com/sport...da478b3a3.html

Where is the Roseau girl (Borowicz) going? she is INCREDIBLE!
    she's playing right now vs New London Spicer...she's let her weight get out of hand IMO. Could probably lose ~40 lbs.