Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

Default Re: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post

So I got to watch her for the first time tonight as the game was on at the gym. She has a bunch of potential but could really use the red shirt year unfortunately I don't think we will be able to give it to her. Heck she had 4 blocks in the first quarter.
    She NEEDS to redshirt in the worst way. She will get chewed up and spit out by DI players as a true freshman.

I have been so unimpressed by her on the defensive end watching her in last year's state tourney and last night, working the middle of the 2-1-2 or 2-3 zone. She seem to just rely on being 6'5" to bail her out of everything. I guess it is more of her being able to get away with it at this level of competition...moving to Fargo this summer and scrimmaging against college-level competition would do wonders for her game.

All that said, she is 6'5"! She has a huge amount of upside, and could end up being dominant by her junior year.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    What's the scoop on this Olson girl from Our Redemers? She seems pretty good. I like the way she plays. A little wild at times.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    She is a better volleyball player and trying to play that at college I heard. (shes wearing und crap on her twitter)

I'd take her as a walk on.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    She NEEDS to redshirt in the worst way. She will get chewed up and spit out by DI players as a true freshman.

I have been so unimpressed by her on the defensive end watching her in last year's state tourney and last night, working the middle of the 2-1-2 or 2-3 zone. She seem to just rely on being 6'5" to bail her out of everything. I guess it is more of her being able to get away with it at this level of competition...moving to Fargo this summer and scrimmaging against college-level competition would do wonders for her game.

All that said, she is 6'5"! She has a huge amount of upside, and could end up being dominant by her junior year.
    I had the same thoughts defensively. She would just block the shorter player from behind instead of moving her feet to get in front of the offensive player. I really liked her hands. If the ball touched them it was as good as caught. Agreed a ton of upside and will need to continue to improve to be that dominate player at the next level. You can not teach 6'5" that is just plain tall. Will have to teach her more skill level play.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Emily Dietz plays in EDC Semis tonight at SHAC. Last few games Shanley has dropped her lower in the posts and she has been very effective down low.
    Shanley wins 70-57 over Grand Forks Central, moves on to EDC finals against Fargo Davies, has already qualified for State by reaching the finals.

Emily Dietz scored a Shanley-high 23 points—16 coming in the second half—on 9 of 13 shots and recorded game highs of nine rebounds, three assists and three blocks. Hadley Huber scored 14 points to go with eight rebounds and two steals.
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/422819...n-championship

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I had the same thoughts defensively. She would just block the shorter player from behind instead of moving her feet to get in front of the offensive player. I really liked her hands. If the ball touched them it was as good as caught. Agreed a ton of upside and will need to continue to improve to be that dominate player at the next level. You can not teach 6'5" that is just plain tall. Will have to teach her more skill level play.
    I really want to see how Coach Walseth develops this class of bigs. I think that she'll do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

This is true of many HS players in our area. They rely on their height as opposed to developing their BB skills because they can get by with it at this level. Same issue with Jordan Meidinger IMO. A RS year would do wonders for these kids but unfortunately the women's program doesn't have that luxury right now. This is also a big reason these kids are even available to mid-majors. If they were more polished they'd be going to major programs.

Michelle Gaislerova with 20 points (including three 3's) as #1 ranked Lincoln Christian wins 62-26 in the first round of the Nebraska Class C-1 tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Michelle Gaislerova with 20 points (including three 3's) as #1 ranked Lincoln Christian wins 62-26 in the first round of the Nebraska Class C-1 tournament.
    I think with the improvement of this years team and the gals coming in next year, I really think the future looks bright for women's hoops.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are they going to have the numbers to actually red shirt players next year?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Are they going to have the numbers to actually red shirt players next year?

We lose 3 players (only two played) and get one back from injury. So there is a chance we could redshirt one or two. But I am not sure we will. It is a tough call. We lose our size on the team outside of RJ. The size coming in may need to play right away. Baptism by fire, sink or swim is where we are at right now.