Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

Default Re: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Maggie Manson going to UND. Did we recruit her? Her dad played at NDSU. We can't even get kids in town to play here. I don't blame her. Who would want to go here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, NDSU did not recruit her. Absolutely embarrassing too.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I do not know Maggie or ever seen her play. I will just make an observation. We have people say local kids won't come here because we are not good and we have people say local kids are not good enough to help us win. So which is it? We want local flavor on the team or do we want to win? Looking for the answer.
    I don't think the quality of local talent has been that great recently. The creme of the crop is going to the winning programs (SDSU/USD) even UND struggled this season. Need to expand the recruiting footprint IMO.

Jeff and Dom touched on this a little bit too but the better girls get scooped up and most of the second tier either play VB or don't even bother at the next level. Womens juco is a joke from what I hear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Maggie Manson going to UND. Did we recruit her? Her dad played at NDSU. We can't even get kids in town to play here. I don't blame her. Who would want to go here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I do not know Maggie or ever seen her play. I will just make an observation. We have people say local kids won't come here because we are not good and we have people say local kids are not good enough to help us win. So which is it? We want local flavor on the team or do we want to win? Looking for the answer.
    Having a few local/state players is important for team chemistry because the in state kids actually care. However, you can't have a team of all RUDY's or you will suck. Of course the best of both worlds is to keep the legitimate in state talent (guys like Dex in MBB) who are talented and have heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    No, NDSU did not recruit her. Absolutely embarrassing too.
    Sums up her coaching tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't think the quality of local talent has been that great recently. The creme of the crop is going to the winning programs (SDSU/USD) even UND struggled this season. Need to expand the recruiting footprint IMO.

Jeff and Dom touched on this a little bit too but the better girls get scooped up and most of the second tier either play VB or don't even bother at the next level. Womens juco is a joke from what I hear.
    With basketball, you only need 5 players. Walseth and Dave Richman seem to limit there recruiting to ONLY ND, SD, MN, and Wisconsin, no mattter what the talent level is. Seems like they have a quota from certain areas. There are 50 states to recruit from, transfers, and JUCO's. When we were really good on the MBB side, we had guys like Kory Brown, Braun, LA, and Tray who were all outside of our small recruiting footprint. Plus guys like Bjorkland were actually great Minnesota players who are much more talented.

15X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965-1968-1969-1983-1985-1986-1988-1990-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017-2018