Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers!!!

Default Re: Team Makers!!!

I don't feel like starting a new thread for this so I'm sticking it here. We were surprised to receive what appear to be handwritten thank you cards for small ($50) donations made to the men's basketball and women's soccer team during the giving day last month through the Bison Pride fund.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Teammakers dipped into petty cash and presented a check to NDSU on Friday for $5.5 million.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Teammakers dipped into petty cash and presented a check to NDSU on Friday for $5.5 million.
    That's up from $5.2M last year. That's pretty remarkable amidst all the external turmoil of the last year. Kudos to the Team Maker leadership and to members everywhere for stepping up when it was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's up from $5.2M last year. That's pretty remarkable amidst all the external turmoil of the last year. Kudos to the Team Maker leadership and to members everywhere for stepping up when it was needed.
    But when do most people make their donations? My guess it is usually done right away in the first few months of the year and COVID wasn't really on the horizon then.

Bigger key is what happens this donation season and how people are going to process the current economic environment.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. – Marcus Aurelius

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Winterborn View Post
    But when do most people make their donations? My guess it is usually done right away in the first few months of the year and COVID wasn't really on the horizon then.

Bigger key is what happens this donation season and how people are going to process the current economic environment.
    yea next years will be affected more
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

That $5.5 million isn't the total raised by Teammakers. It is the cost of scholarships not covered by endowments.

Also 2020 would be affected since refunds could be requested for fall football season.

533 In a row

Question, Is your seating obligation donation counted towards your charitable giving? This is the first year I've had season tickets and it appears the seating obligation portion of my donation is not reflected on the tax donation forms they sent out. Thanks for any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    Question, Is your seating obligation donation counted towards your charitable giving? This is the first year I've had season tickets and it appears the seating obligation portion of my donation is not reflected on the tax donation forms they sent out. Thanks for any insight.
    The tax law change in 2017 eliminated your ability to deduct the seating obligation amount. Prior to the change, we could deduct 80% of the seating obligation.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The tax law change in 2017 eliminated your ability to deduct the seating obligation amount. Prior to the change, we could deduct 80% of the seating obligation.
    That's right. Also, if you're not getting tickets this year, 100% of your donation is deductible.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For those of you who take the standard deduction, the CARES Act lets you write off up to $300 of your TeamMakers donation in 2020 even though you're not itemizing.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/special...y-dont-itemize