Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers!!!

Default Re: Team Makers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Since I never played was not aware this existed. Good to know. Players have bonds that last forever.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Here is a question for someone to answer, since I do not know it. What do students pay in activity fees? I know this goes towards the wellness center and probably other things. But is any of this put into the athletic fund, TM, FCOA or schollies? Maybe the students could get some PP for the fees they pay while in school and this may help retain them after graduation. I will hang up and listen to the response.
    Finally reading this last page -
    Our daughter is a senior... (going to grad school)... will she receive any info about TMer's before or after she graduates? 5 years after she graduates? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Finally reading this last page -
    Our daughter is a senior... (going to grad school)... will she receive any info about TMer's before or after she graduates? 5 years after she graduates? Etc.
    She has you though!!!! But yes all students need to get this information. Like I said a simple $100 a year contribution will not break them. Does it get them anything? Nothing really, except for the feeling of helping their school continue to excel on athletics. TM can do better and MUST do better.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    She has you though!!!! But yes all students need to get this information. Like I said a simple $100 a year contribution will not break them. Does it get them anything? Nothing really, except for the feeling of helping their school continue to excel on athletics. TM can do better and MUST do better.
    Will 100.00 break them? Dont know but I wont try to determine what their priorities are at that time. Fact is if you want to be a TM you have to care about NDSU athletics. You also have to have the resources to throw away 100.00 for nothing in return. I just dont think its a priority with the majority of students.
    If you hand out a pamphlet to a new grad my bet is 99.9999999999% go in the shit can at the first opportunity.

I dont know what the answer is. They have tried student engagement with a student TM group but I havent heard anything about it in a couple of years. Heck they had a hard time getting students to pick up there tickets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Will 100.00 break them? Dont know but I wont try to determine what their priorities are at that time. Fact is if you want to be a TM you have to care about NDSU athletics. You also have to have the resources to throw away 100.00 for nothing in return. I just dont think its a priority with the majority of students.
    If you hand out a pamphlet to a new grad my bet is 99.9999999999% go in the shit can at the first opportunity.

I dont know what the answer is. They have tried student engagement with a student TM group but I havent heard anything about it in a couple of years. Heck they had a hard time getting students to pick up there tickets.
    If we have a tough time giving away tickets during an epic run of 6 National Championships in 7 years, there are obviously plenty of students who don't give a shit. That's OK not everyone does. I think you need the students to become fans before they are passionate enough to donate money. Getting them in the door is step 1. Seems to be a smarter path.

And then targeting students who graduated within 1-5 years and have been to games would be smart. Most college kids are broke and grads have jobs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we have a tough time giving away tickets during an epic run of 6 National Championships in 7 years, there are obviously plenty of students who don't give a shit. That's OK not everyone does. I think you need the students to become fans before they are passionate enough to donate money. Getting them in the door is step 1. Seems to be a smarter path.

And then targeting seniors who graduated within 1-5 years and have been to games would be smart. Most college kids are broke
    With students everything is fluid. You cant count on them for anything except for being inconsistent.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

With students everything is fluid. You cant count on them for anything except for being inconsistent.
    Yeah that's true. The thing is most (or many) current fans were once students and even though there are many who are disengaged, the total number of students at games is certainly much bigger than when I went to NDSU. I would be curious what percentage of TM are by age and what percentage moves? Connecting to a millennial is certainly different than fans who are older. I would guess social media would be big.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah that's true. The thing is most (or many) current fans were once students and even though there are many who are disengaged, the total number of students at games is certainly much bigger than when I went to NDSU. I would be curious what percentage of TM are by age and what percentage moves? Connecting to a millennial is certainly different than fans who are older. I would guess social media would be big.
    Its all about priorities and resources.

Its all about priorities and resources.
    I agree. If the resources aren't there, it's best to spend most of the time with the top resources.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have the solution: stickers taped to the backs of student section seats with a QR code and sexy hashtag!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.