Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Default NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

The 2023 North Dakota Legislature appropriated $59 million for this major construction project. The NDSU Foundation is raising up to $30 million additional dollars to match the state's money.

Last October, two major donations were announced for the project. Doosan Bobcat pledged $5 million, and Mortenson Construction pledged $5 million. It was also announced at that time that the total amount raised was $14.5 million.

This Friday at 11am, another announcement is scheduled by the NDSU Foundation. At that time another major gift will be announced that will also include the naming of the complex after that donor. The event will be live streamed on their website.

The project will consist of major additions and connections in and around the existing engineering complex. The round building in the center will be demolished and replaced with a new building. Other additions are on the west and north sides. Hopefully this gift announcement will get construcion underway.

533 In a row

Default Re: NDSU Center for Engineering and Computational Sciences

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The 2023 North Dakota Legislature appropriated $59 million for this major construction project. The NDSU Foundation is raising up to $30 million additional dollars to match the state's money.

Last October, two major donations were announced for the project. Doosan Bobcat pledged $5 million, and Mortenson Construction pledged $5 million. It was also announced at that time that the total amount raised was $14.5 million.

This Friday at 11am, another announcement is scheduled by the NDSU Foundation. At that time another major gift will be announced that will also include the naming of the complex after that donor. The event will be live streamed on their website.

The project will consist of major additions and connections in and around the existing engineering complex. The round building in the center will be demolished and replaced with a new building. Other additions are on the west and north sides. Hopefully this gift announcement will get construcion underway.
    By “their website” can we assume that you mean that of the Foundation?

Like this event here? https://ndsufoundation.com/events/bu...for-the-future
    Don't believe everything you think.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am thrilled in anticipation of this announcement. We have such a great engineering dept. Round building has to go and more efficient buildings up.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's probably the right decision but that round building is an iconic reminder of the university to me. As I was becoming aware of the school that was always on the brochures and catalogs. As an architecture student it was an integral part of where I spent a lot of time. We didn't have a clock tower. We had a round engineering building.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Well, maybe throwing you a bone but have them take a massive picture of the "round building" and have it in the new building. I will admit, the "round building" is a landmark and has a 60's vibe and I would imagine when a student is asking directions, someone could say "turn left at the round building." Now that will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Well, maybe throwing you a bone but have them take a massive picture of the "round building" and have it in the new building. I will admit, the "round building" is a landmark and has a 60's vibe and I would imagine when a student is asking directions, someone could say "turn left at the round building." Now that will be gone.
    They might end up walking in circles for hours.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

I was never in the "round building". NDSU would have flown to the moon before they would have admitted me to the vaunted Engineering program. BUT the rooms must have been like a slice of a pie or oddly shaped? Maybe I should go in there next time I go out to campus.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I was never in the "round building". NDSU would have flown to the moon before they would have admitted me to the vaunted Engineering program. BUT the rooms must have been like a slice of a pie or oddly shaped? Maybe I should go in there next time I go out to campus.
    There are no classrooms there. It was all offices.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I was in there a few years ago....it needed to go. That whole area really needed some investment so it's good to see it's finally happening.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Back in my day, I think they had two computer terminals sitting under a stairway. So if you were like me and went to class and then to work and got back to campus after midnight that was one of the last resorts for finding a open terminal to do homework on (if the place wasn't locked up.)