Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers!!!

Default Re: Team Makers!!!

We used to just buy $5 in 50-50 tickets the last two years for the few games we attend and started doing $20 this year.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I found the following in a USA today article on the changes in the proposed tax law currently in Congress:

College boosters: *Sports fans would no longer be able to deduct 80% of the cost of donations to colleges if they are made only to become eligible to buy seats for games or get preferences such as prime parking spots.
    Last edited by roadwarrior; 11-05-2017 at 05:52 PM.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I found the following in a USA today article on the changes in the proposed tax law currently in Congress:
    The schools will just have to reclassify the donations.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    But if you are already taking the standard deductions, this won't matter. Only applies if you itemize, and I think very few people do. And I believe new tax plan would increase standard deductions making it even less attractive to itemize.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    But if you are already taking the standard deductions, this won't matter. Only applies if you itemize, and I think very few people do. And I believe new tax plan would increase standard deductions making it even less attractive to itemize.
    Correct, If the current bill were to pass, fewer people would itemize because higher standard deduction. This is why the home builders association opposed the bill, because under the current law one of the biggest things that makes itemizing attractive is the mortgage interest and property tax deduction. Then, after they made their intention to not endorse the bill clear, the writers of the bill stuck it too them by inserting a provision that would also lower the maximum size of mortgage eligible for the benefit.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

We went to the annual meeting tonight. Maybe 40 people. They had some wings, nacho cheese and chips and Mexican egg rolls. Meeting was pretty quick as usual. Minutes, finances (5 million plus), voted on by laws (yes) and board members.
    Coach said Dunn ran today. Applause ensued. He was heading back to tape after the meeting. Someone asked if Heagle or Jireck (sp) had been asked to help. He laughed but said tape is the same as last time we played them. That they had a book of all playoff games to help.
    We were out of there by 7
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We went to the annual meeting tonight. Maybe 40 people. They had some wings, nacho cheese and chips and Mexican egg rolls. Meeting was pretty quick as usual. Minutes, finances (5 million plus), voted on by laws (yes) and board members.
    Coach said Dunn ran today. Applause ensued. He was heading back to tape after the meeting. Someone asked if Heagle or Jireck (sp) had been asked to help. He laughed but said tape is the same as last time we played them. That they had a book of all playoff games to help.
    We were out of there by 7
    Raised more money again this year . That is great. It will need to rise each year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I'm gonna join Team-Makers in 2018. Can't go to Frisco cuz I'll still be in my Cam-boot..... grrrrrr. Had Flat-foot surgery on 11-2-17. Been on knee-bike since!! Got to all 3 playoff games in Dec though! Was able to get Handicap-seating Tix thank God!
    Will $1,000 do anything to help get Football season tickets?? Trying to work out the budget to do this soon, in 2018.

So.....what are the steps to get in? I've had a GoBison account for yeeeaarrs, but my Wife & Daughter have their own accts, & they've always had luck logging in to get those 8am, or 6pm ticket releases!

I'm an '86-grad Alumni, & actually had a couple PE classes from Mr. Simmers! He bugged me a few times to try out for Football, but I had MCL surgery in High-School (Finley-Sharon!) Nov 1978. I was too scared at the time of re-injuring it, so I never did....Uffda! I was about 6'3", 250lbs at the time. Then in 9/2014, got a NEW knee...the same one operated on in '78. So now....I've got a new MESH MCL, & Dr moved the original "pretty beat up" MCL a little!

Thanks for any help!
    Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Faron79 View Post
    I'm gonna join Team-Makers in 2018. Can't go to Frisco cuz I'll still be in my Cam-boot..... grrrrrr. Had Flat-foot surgery on 11-2-17. Been on knee-bike since!! Got to all 3 playoff games in Dec though! Was able to get Handicap-seating Tix thank God!
    Will $1,000 do anything to help get Football season tickets?? Trying to work out the budget to do this soon, in 2018.

So.....what are the steps to get in? I've had a GoBison account for yeeeaarrs, but my Wife & Daughter have their own accts, & they've always had luck logging in to get those 8am, or 6pm ticket releases!

I'm an '86-grad Alumni, & actually had a couple PE classes from Mr. Simmers! He bugged me a few times to try out for Football, but I had MCL surgery in High-School (Finley-Sharon!) Nov 1978. I was too scared at the time of re-injuring it, so I never did....Uffda! I was about 6'3", 250lbs at the time. Then in 9/2014, got a NEW knee...the same one operated on in '78. So now....I've got a new MESH MCL, & Dr moved the original "pretty beat up" MCL a little!

Thanks for any help!
    Faron
    $1000 won't get you a sniff, but you will probably get 8 end zone nose bleeds before the general public can buy.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Faron79 View Post

Thanks for any help!
    Faron
    that would only put you at 20 points, not going to cut it
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant