Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers!!!

Default Re: Team Makers!!!

So I'm watching a KC Royals game and they are advertising their online 50/50 raffle open to Missouri residents every home game. Any Missouri resident can buy 50/50 raffle tickets online starting at 9 am on home game days.

Has Team Makers thought about doing this? Is it legal in ND? I have no idea but seems like a good idea to raise revenue. I'll hang up and listen.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    So I'm watching a KC Royals game and they are advertising their online 50/50 raffle open to Missouri residents every home game. Any Missouri resident can buy 50/50 raffle tickets online starting at 9 am on home game days.

Has Team Makers thought about doing this? Is it legal in ND? I have no idea but seems like a good idea to raise revenue. I'll hang up and listen.
    well they sell them the entire time in the lots

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    well they sell them the entire time in the lots
    I'm talklng about statewide TV viewers being able to buy 50/50 tickets online. Fans not in attendance at the game.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Vancouver Canucks do this too, not sure if they do week long games or what. I've watched some games and the 50/50 is in the 500k ballpark

A quick Google shows that they do it for every home game and have had multiple pots over a million. They have the record of just over $1.4 mil with over $700k going to the winner.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm talklng about statewide TV viewers being able to buy 50/50 tickets online. Fans not in attendance at the game.
    I think it was an Atlanta Braves game I was watching the other day. Same deal. You could buy a 50/50 raffle ticket from your couch.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Good luck getting the ND legislature on board with this concept!

533 In a row

That's a great idea. However the morality police, aka the Legislature, would certainly oppose. Some of those prudes would outlaw dancing. You already cant buy a lottery ticket with a check card

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Only if it was a 50-25-25 with 25% going to UND since they don't have football coverage across the state.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Just tell them it will help keep their horse racing pals in business and it will fly right through.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

It took several years to change the rules so they could pay the winner entirely in cash.

They were worried the raffle would cut into state lottery revenue.

533 In a row