Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Makers!!!

Default Re: Team Makers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You already said you had me on ignore a couple of weeks ago. Lol

Fyi....just because you have a lake home etc etc etc doesn't mean your not a loser. The fact you brought those non starters up proves what a loser you truly are. Considering your maturity level you probably wont be able to comprehend the full meaning that. May be one day. But if you haven't learned it by now chances aren't looking good.
    The name calling and continual chest puffing you do on here truly are a terrible look as well tbh you and lakes each make this board close to intolerable throw in bison4life and a few others and I’m often ready to puke ....

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    The name calling and continual chest puffing you do on here truly are a terrible look as well tbh you and lakes each make this board close to intolerable throw in bison4life and a few others and I’m often ready to puke ....
    No chest puffing here. Stating an absolute fact. And yes with lakes return the board is almost intolerable to read as he infects almost every thread.

You might want to reflect on your posting here as well as they seem to be mostly of critical personal content as well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

No chest puffing here. Stating an absolute fact. And yes with lakes return the board is almost intolerable to read as he infects almost every thread.

You might want to reflect on your posting here as well as they seem to be mostly of critical personal content as well.
    It’s why I hardly post ....just a heads up got 8 positive reps for my posy you just quoted

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Actually if you step back and look at the growth of teammakers and the money it raised. It was happening with or without pat. Two things were occurring. Dr Chapman driving money to the school through growth and research money to the school. Second athletic success. Money was coming to ndsu athletics at a faster pace after the Bison bb wins over Marquette and Wisconsin and with the success of the football program. I remember running into pay after the first Minnesota fb win. I commented you must have the easily job in America. “Yep phone is ringing off the wall today”

Throw into the fact 2010 -2013 there was so much “stupid” money in the region due to oil and agriculture people were places to contribute and looking for ndsu football was the place to be. Even Concordia grew quickly with their endowments at the same time

So teammakers growth was going to occur. I break into to 3 camps. Friends of pat that got preferential treatment. Those that tolerated pat because they wanted football tickets and those that wanted nothing to do with pat. This is the group ndsu didn’t capitalize on. We can go around and round on this. If you want to give to team makers you will. There is a group larger than people think because no one wants to think about opportunities that while interested didnt or don’t contribute. So if there truely 500 people willing to contribute 10k for tickets This is the lost opportunity that cost the school millions.

That is el chapos Point. The easy money was captured. A lot was not. Teammakers or maybe it was the development foundation didn’t have anyone working Western in the boom days. 2014/15 they hired someone. Point is money was out there and it wasn’t captured
    Easy money is always captured when on a run. Fact is all universities leave money on the table when they are on top because they dont have the stadium capacity to
    meet the demand. In this day and age most people have monetized their donations. Its just not a feel good moment anymore in as much as its now--what are you going to do for me or what do I get out of it. NDSUs plight is no different. Blaming TM for not bringing in that money is nothing more than an argumentative agenda driven talking point.

If NDSUs Men Basketball team ever gets to the point of GREAT success you just might hear the same arguments and supposed same problems experienced now because of footballs success.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    It’s why I hardly post ....just a heads up got 8 positive reps for my posy you just quoted
    And I got positive reps from my post to lakes as well. Is that really your measuring stick?

And if you really look--I dont post as much anymore either. So that should give you some relief.

And I got positive reps from my post to lakes as well. Is that really your measuring stick?

And if you really look--I dont post as much anymore either. So that should give you some relief.
    That would be silly.

I say we settle this Bloodsport style:

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easy money is always captured when on a run. Fact is all universities leave money on the table when they are on top because they dont have the stadium capacity to
    meet the demand. In this day and age most people have monetized their donations. Its just not a feel good moment anymore in as much as its now--what are you going to do for me or what do I get out of it. NDSUs plight is no different. Blaming TM for not bringing in that money is nothing more than an argumentative agenda driven talking point.

If NDSUs Men Basketball team ever gets to the point of GREAT success you just might hear the same arguments and supposed same problems experienced now because of footballs success.
    I am not blaming team makers for anything. I am just pointing the lost opportunity. I was in a few discussions about this over the weekend on a number of different levels. Bismarck St. Mary's High School has 4.5 FTE raising money in Bismarck. They have completely raised the $90 million to build their new high school. Shanley in Fargo has gone from 1 to 2 fundraisers and is looking to add a third. So instead of what Pat may or may not have done, its what the university or Teammakets didn't do. They should add staff to fundraise. We hear it time and time again how there isn't a program at the grass roots college student level (UND has you hooked as a donor before you leave and every 5 years attempt to up sell you to the next level). But again 5 years ago so many people wanted to be involved, and the reality the organization probably wasn't in place to handle. As I noted, NDSU Development did not add someone in Western ND until the boom was started to slow.

Which goes back to the conversation I had this weekend. Along with staffing, you also need to ask for the donation. People and businesses get requests from many different sources. At my business I don't reach out to organizations to sponsor an event or contribute. I select from what comes to me.

Sure you will say I can pick up the phone or call NDSU and give money to them. I do. The business school send me a form each year and tells me what my prior year pledge is. Or maybe I get a call in the fall to donate. But from experience, I have never understood Teammakers and NDSU approach to fundraising.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You guys have taken one more step in my plan to take over the site when you all drive each other away!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

cypanth. its all good , funny i always get attacked first

kable1one is right. NDSU is bashful when it comes to asking for money. Its the same reason we wont move up. zero aggressiveness, just happy to be here.

happy monday, this is gonna be a good week everyone!! god bless you all.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I am not blaming team makers for anything. I am just pointing the lost opportunity. I was in a few discussions about this over the weekend on a number of different levels. Bismarck St. Mary's High School has 4.5 FTE raising money in Bismarck. They have completely raised the $90 million to build their new high school. Shanley in Fargo has gone from 1 to 2 fundraisers and is looking to add a third. So instead of what Pat may or may not have done, its what the university or Teammakets didn't do. They should add staff to fundraise. We hear it time and time again how there isn't a program at the grass roots college student level (UND has you hooked as a donor before you leave and every 5 years attempt to up sell you to the next level). But again 5 years ago so many people wanted to be involved, and the reality the organization probably wasn't in place to handle. As I noted, NDSU Development did not add someone in Western ND until the boom was started to slow.

Which goes back to the conversation I had this weekend. Along with staffing, you also need to ask for the donation. People and businesses get requests from many different sources. At my business I don't reach out to organizations to sponsor an event or contribute. I select from what comes to me.

Sure you will say I can pick up the phone or call NDSU and give money to them. I do. The business school send me a form each year and tells me what my prior year pledge is. Or maybe I get a call in the fall to donate. But from experience, I have never understood Teammakers and NDSU approach to fundraising.
    You make some good points.