Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think a lot of detractors refuse to accept Larsen's words, even though his words are pretty much verbatim what Taylor was saying when he left. The truth hurts and sucks, but it's the reality of the world we live in no matter how much we complain.

In order to get into position for the "move" up, NDSU has to take the same approach as to eating an elephant - one piece at a time. Right now, the front office is doing a good job of trying to expand the brand, especially in regards to capturing the Twin Cities market.

In regards to the "move" up, what is the move? FBS or P5? In my opinion, it has to be P5 because I believe the "split" between G5 and P5 unofficially occurred with the creation of the College Football Playoff system. Until the G5 schools remove their heads from their butts, there is nothing beneficial for the institution to move up to right now for NDSU. Unfortunately since the NCAA doesn't have much say in the FBS, they can't force the G5 to create their own playoff system. It's all controlled by the conferences and the P5 conferences control all the chips, especially the SEC and the Big 10. The ACC and PAC 12 have minor voices, while the Big 12 will continue to get screwed over on a yearly basis.
    Do you really think that the P5 and G5 are really going to offical split in our lifetime...Unlikely.

BTW....I think most all accept Larson's words. However, people are not going to let it go becouse at its essence NDSU playing in the 3rd teir of FB is just not right.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Do you really think that the P5 and G5 are really going to offical split in our lifetime...Unlikely.

BTW....I think most all accept Larson's words. However, people are not going to let it go becouse at its essence NDSU playing in the 3rd teir of FB is just not right.
    In essence, those people's opinion wouldn't be any different being in the "second tier" of college football. Heck, the complaining might be a lot worse.

In regards to the split, it might not be official, but it's already done. The Big 12 is barely hanging on to being a P5 conference. Big money is what those schools play for, and the less schools to share it with, the better.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post

Why they used to play 4th tier football?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Reread your own posts PL. Somehow you think you never attack and belittle others. You always have to have the last word, and of course you are never wrong. LOL.
    Don't have a dog in this fight but have to say that I haven't seen PL attack others. In addition to that I'd add that he seems to use a lot of common sense and have well thought out statements.....just my 2 cents.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Reread your own posts PL. Somehow you think you never attack and belittle others. You always have to have the last word, and of course you are never wrong. LOL.
    I just went back in this thread and I dont see where Ive attacked anyone. May be you can find it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

El Chapo---Its been a long time since I got neg repped by that little beaner.

Guess the truth and him dont get along.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    In essence, those people's opinion wouldn't be any different being in the "second tier" of college football. Heck, the complaining might be a lot worse.

In regards to the split, it might not be official, but it's already done. The Big 12 is barely hanging on to being a P5 conference. Big money is what those schools play for, and the less schools to share it with, the better.
    I think we expected a more definitive split. But it happened when the P5 was given their way with autonomy. I think what we will see in the future is schools moving around when one cant make it and had to drop a level. I dont see the big shake up we were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think we expected a more definitive split. But it happened when the P5 was given their way with autonomy. I think what we will see in the future is schools moving around when one cant make it and had to drop a level. I dont see the big shake up we were expecting.
    The shakeup is schools like Idaho, NMST, EWU, Buffalo, UMASS, etc realizing they are not going to sustain and doing what Idaho did. It's going to start IMO
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Okay if that's the case then we should be going FBS G5 as both Taylor and Larsen said we belong in the second tier.

essentially everybody agrees that FCS is the third tier with the power 5 being the first and the general being second.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison;1207666[B
    ]Okay if that's the case then we should be going FBS G5 as both Taylor and Larsen said we belong in the second tier.
    [/B]
    essentially everybody agrees that FCS is the third tier with the power 5 being the first and the general being second.
    Nobody said we wouldnt move up. Just not right now. There are hurdles . There is no magic wand as some think.

But you can also argue what is really the second tier if you want to split hairs and keep Chapos thread alive.