Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    strike what while the Iron is hot?? this conversation is getting really old.

NDSU cant do shit, the state holds them back, the location holds them back list goes on and on.....Where in the Fuck do the FBS NOW group think money for a new Stadium, the additional money to Jump up with Scholorships etc is going to come from??

its 100's of Millions to do all this, we couldnt raise the freaking money to complete the SHAC...Yes I know currently the FD is large enough for a small shitty FBS conference but....
    First off you need to step away from the computer and relaxe. Nowhere did I say in my post that we need to be FBS now. If you care to read my post again I said there from all appearances seems to be no foresight to developing any kind of plans to move forward. When NDSU lost Chapman and Taylor visionary thinking at NDSU left with them. People like you who blowup at any mention of a thought process or planning to do anything to move NDSU forward in any way is the reason the status quo crowd will win out. I'm sure you were also bemoaning the move to FCS as well. Hey keep on fighting the good fight and be happy with the status quo. It's a good thing the leadership at NDSU who moved the university forward to FCS didn't listen to the likes of you.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    First off you need to step away from the computer and relaxe. Nowhere did I say in my post that we need to be FBS now. If you care to read my post again I said there from all appearances seems to be no foresight to developing any kind of plans to move forward. When NDSU lost Chapman and Taylor visionary thinking at NDSU left with them. People like you who blowup at any mention of a thought process or planning to do anything to move NDSU forward in any way is the reason the status quo crowd will win out. I'm sure you were also bemoaning the move to FCS as well. Hey keep on fighting the good fight and be happy with the status quo. It's a good thing the leadership at NDSU who moved the university forward to FCS didn't listen to the likes of you.
    nope, was pro FCS am Pro FBS, just am realistic that WE CANT AFFORD it and how do you know the powers to be have NOT explored it and have discussed it internally. Also the current landscape isn't clear, wouldnt it be great to spend a shitload of money, move up and the P5 splits and we get shoved right back with zero benefit for the extra spent money.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    nope, was pro FCS am Pro FBS, just am realistic that WE CANT AFFORD it and how do you know the powers to be have NOT explored it and have discussed it internally. Also the current landscape isn't clear, wouldnt it be great to spend a shitload of money, move up and the P5 splits and we get shoved right back with zero benefit for the extra spent money.
    If and when the power 5 splits we'd still need to move up. At our current level we'd be the third level down from the top. Is it all of a sudden going to be free to move up to the next level then when that happens? What will your argument be then when that happens "WE CAN'T AFFORD IT"? Leadership back when NDSU made the move up didn't hide it. Folks who say we need to keep it quiet do you really think that would lessen the blowback from Bismarck and the rest of the state if we "kept it quiet"? If talking about planning for a move brings raises your ire what will you do if they actually do it? You better have your doctor on speed dial so he can prescribe some sedatives. People just want to know there is a plan. Just saying we can't afford it is just as bad as those you are critical of for saying we need to do it without a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Why do you refuse give us your solution?

I'm on this message board because I am a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You might have better luck if you would try communicating in a civil manner without all of the insults and snide comments?
    Maybe you should learn to do the same.

Not trying to speak for SDBison but I think what he's seeing/saying is NDSU is/has missed on a golden opportunity. That is strike while the iron is hot. NDSU had won 5 straight titles, had multiple players get drafted or signed as UDFA. Demand for tickets at new levels. On the flip side no word from the University on any forward momentum in regards to looking at solutions for the Dome capacity issue. At a time when there were not any budget issues at play by the state (not anymore than usual anyway).

Now the legislature has it's knives out and NDSU/higher ed is a prime target and those who were happy with the status quo before are using it to bolster the arguement that it was a good idea to stay put. Question is when will budget issues never be an excuse? I mean the state was raking in record revenues at the time NDSU was in the spotlight and experiencing unprecedented success. Money was an issue then and still is. It will always be. Does that mean you just give up and not plan for moving forward? I get that buildings don't just materialize out of thin air but you do need to have a plan if you want them to ever materialize.

I think the bigger issue is the ND legislature and the SBOHE will never let NDSU grow to the extent that it dwarfs the other institutions in the state. The fact there are 11 public schools in a state with a population of under 800K spells disaster anyway. For NDSU to move forward you have to have a visionary like Joe Chapman. All the arguments less the Dome and capacity were made by the status quo folks back when NDSU was DII looking at moving DI. We have the same debate now but the difference is we don't have a Joe Chapman and we have a board of higher ed along with assholes like Al Carlson who's interests are personal profit and not that of the area they represent. We have people in the status quo crowd using the same arguments against moving up from DII to DI the only difference is it's now 2017 and President Brescani has been neutered by the ND legislature and the SBOHE. He's just waiting to get outta dodge when he can and I don't blame him. His application at Ohio is proof of that. Once that happens the SBOHE will hire/approve of a president who will be a puppet & who's strings they can pull at will when they want. Good luck with the status quo then.
    Exactly! Thanks for elaborating on my concerns.

Amen Brother!

I don't think anyone should be holding their breath for the mythical FBS break up. If you are waiting on that to make a move or decision...well don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I don't think anyone should be holding their breath for the mythical FBS break up. If you are waiting on that to make a move or decision...well don't hold your breath.
    But then what would they use for a reason to stay status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    ...because they are already large or outgrown their footprint. NDSU has plenty of land and parking spaces for tailgating, they just are choosing not to expand them. I guarantee Iowa wishes they had the "issue" we have with a massive unused lot that just doesn't allow alcohol yet. That is a problem that has a solution. No space is a problem that doesn't have much of a solution.

The stadium, however, is a much different issue.
    I thought the same thing but was busy fighting off the wolves about other specifics in this thread. I believe the stagnation in tailgate area can be solved sooner and yet it will still take 5 or 10 years for NDSU to resolve since politics is allowed to get in the way. As for the Fargodome, it is a small venue compared to what NDSU could have for attendance. Obviously a football stadium has physical limits, about 100,000 seats, to get people close enough to watch. 19,000 is nowhere close to that. I have nearly given up this will change im my lifetime and it will effectively throttle fan growth.