Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

NO MVC
    summit = NCC 2.0

The excitement is wearing off... the time to go is NOW!!

else we are stuck here foreverrrrrrrrrrr
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I sat right next to both parents of a younger Bison player at the Green'n'Gold game a few days ago. I wont say the players name as it doesnt matter, there is a point to be made. THese 2 parents were very nice people, and the Dad is a very successful Engineer from the Chicago area. Their son is majoring in EE at NDSU right now. He was highly touted coming out of H.S., and Mom told me NIU was after him BIG TIME. Now, NIU is an FBS school, in the Mid American conference, playing in a stadium that holds 23,000+, and their overall record in Bowl Games is 4-7. NIU brags about their having 2 Heisman finalists in the last 25 years, LeShon Johnson and Jordan Lynch.
    Mom told me that after many visits from the coaches(not just one) from NIU, and a scholarship offer, that their son told them that he is going to Fargo..Amen. They asked him why Fargo? He said bluntly..."They play for trophies up there, not a possible appearance in a bowl game".
    Just food for thought.
    There are always going to be a handful of kids that feel that way. Is it the bulk majority? No. And here is the other side of it...do you maybe think NDSU itself has something to do with it? Technically, all of FCS "plays for trophies", but is anyone else pulling FBS kids like we are? No. Sure, a few do, but we have something special in Fargo.

Just food for thought.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    There are always going to be a handful of kids that feel that way. Is it the bulk majority? No. And here is the other side of it...do you maybe think NDSU itself has something to do with it? Technically, all of FCS "plays for trophies", but is anyone else pulling FBS kids like we are? No. Sure, a few do, but we have something special in Fargo.

Just food for thought.
    You're right, there is something special in Fargo so why would you want to make it just ordinary?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just food for thought.
    You pretty much nailed it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Just food for thought.
    Yes, playing for a trophy is a great thing and I am glad we have 13 of them. The other selling point is that if a student athlete really does have the talent to get to the NFL, that can be accomplished coming to NDSU. The program is a known in the NFL. We have players in the discussion each year. I would assume we have more former players in the NFL than a lot of g5 schools and plenty of P5 schools.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You're right, there is something special in Fargo so why would you want to make it just ordinary?
    Why would moving up change what's specail?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I'm unsure why everyone keeps talking about the cost of fbs

If I was a person with photoshop abilities I'd fix the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Teddy is taking all of el chappo's coin to pay for the wall

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    amen to this. if NDSU was in the Mountain West next year... wouldnt going on a football run be even more special??

2020 NDSU MWC Schedule:

A: Illinois
    H: Northern Iowa (fcs game)
    H: Central Michigan
    A: Colorado State
    H: Wyoming
    H: Boise State
    A: Nevada
    H: San Diego St
    A: Fresno St
    H: Air Force
    A: UNLV

Man that's amazing! NDSU @ UNLV Nov 20th.

Poinsetta Bowl Dec 28th San Diego
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    you really think that NDSU would have gotten Gameday or any other ESPN coverage if it won 5 straight Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowls? I've seen more national coverage for NDSU these past three years than I have seen for App. State or Georgia Southern combined.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    you really think that NDSU would have gotten Gameday or any other ESPN coverage if it won 5 straight Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowls? I've seen more national coverage for NDSU these past three years than I have seen for App. State or Georgia Southern combined.
    And now we have been there done that and after we went and won even more championships they did not come back.

There's not many dragons left to slay at the FCS which means we're not all that special anymore. Go to the FBS level and kick some ass by dominating a few seasons and we just might be special enough to see consistent media attention of our team.

I'm not going to get in the back and forth with you or anybody else on this...been there worn that out. Fact is right now we're in the third tier of college football. I wish we were in the first...yeah I get it's not gonna happen. Whatever!