Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Here's a nice snapshot of what NFL teams' waiting lists look like. 20,000 for a FCS is a "bit" high, especially considering the size of Fargo-Moorhead, the amount of NDSU alumni and fanbase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_se..._waiting_lists
    FYI, according to this 2014 article (http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...letics_di.html), Alabama's waiting list is 32,000.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Here's a nice snapshot of what NFL teams' waiting lists look like. 20,000 for a FCS is a "bit" high, especially considering the size of Fargo-Moorhead, the amount of NDSU alumni and fanbase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_se..._waiting_lists
    I agree. I was basing it off of the possible 12,000 on the list. I have no idea if that's accurate or not but someone posted it so went with it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
    Are there 12,000 people on the waiting list or are there enough people on the waiting list to buy 12,000 season tickets?
    Remember tickets are allocated by priority points. There isnt an official waiting list I know of. They do have a list of people who have requested additional and new season tickets..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
    Are there 12,000 people on the waiting list or are there enough people on the waiting list to buy 12,000 season tickets?
    Remember tickets are allocated by priority points. There isnt an official waiting list I know of. They do have a list of people who have requested additional and new season tickets.. At one time I knew that number.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    There are a lot of questions, I would think, as to what those on the waiting list would be truly interested in, when it came right down to it.

Would they be interested in something outside the 20 yard lines and way up high, for example? And if not, are they truly interested in paying the price for anything that may come open between the 20's and down lower, or even more so, between the 40's. NDSU has a better handle on this internally, I'm sure, because of the comments made on the actual seat requests themselves.

More importantly in the long term, however, is how many of those on the waiting list are truly interested in paying the higher seat fees that will almost certainly be attached to any season ticket package in any potential new stadium exploration? That's the real financial question that always needs to be assessed, analyzed and monitored as the program moves forward.
    I think that's a fair question. Easy to say "i want tickets." Another thing entirely to go through with it. Also would be interesting to see what happens (If anything) if the Herd have a couple "down" years.
    College of Business Alumnus

Thank you for the info everyone. I'm not as familiar with all of the numbers and such and quite how everything works. I love talking about this stuff and don't mind being questioned or proved wrong because then I'm learning more about the program.

I heard a couple years ago there were upwards of 7000 season ticket requests above the 12,000 to 13,000 currently sold. I am sure there is some overlap, but safe to say about 5,000 are legit. Even if 1000 of those are current single game purchasers that would mean 4000 over current sold out attendance of 19,000. Too bad there isn't an option for expansion or any plans for a new stadium. So shortsighted to thwart growth of a fan base to keep a small stadium forever. Its not like adding seats to maxed out venues of 100,000 plus where fan experience is from a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I heard a couple years ago there were upwards of 7000 season ticket requests above the 12,000 to 13,000 currently sold. I am sure there is some overlap, but safe to say about 5,000 are legit. Even if 1000 of those are current single game purchasers that would mean 4000 over current sold out attendance of 19,000.
    Those numbers seem more believable to me.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I have to admit those numbers do seem a bit more realistic.

someone emailed into mcfeely today with the 20k more NDSU fans being missed... he obviously laughed and made fun of NDSU fans per usual.

but with a semi enclosed 40k seat stadium NDSU sells that put in a FBS conference easily
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?