Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I don't think a real split will ever happen.

The G5 is like the proverbial frog in the pot of cool water with the stove turned on. They will sit their until they die.

Bowl money and TV contracts will trickle to a pittance as the P5 keeps more and more. The playoff will expand without any real access for the G5.

Darwinism at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe it is time for the G5 and top FCS programs to split away for the P5. We stop playing the P5 and they can go ahead and beat each other up in OCC games.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Maybe it is time for the G5 and top FCS programs to split away for the P5. We stop playing the P5 and they can go ahead and beat each other up in OCC games.
    You know that's kinda the direction they have been going in already..... or did you not follow the B1G mandate?
    College of Business Alumnus

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You know that's kinda the direction they have been going in already..... or did you not follow the B1G mandate?
    Unless I missed something that was only FCS schools. P5 and G5 are still playing are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

I have followed it but I said TOP FCS and G5 should basically give the middle finger (UND style) to the P5 and move on without them. Form what we want without needing them for crap.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

[/B]

I have followed it but I said TOP FCS and G5 should basically give the middle finger (UND style) to the P5 and move on without them. Form what we want without needing them for crap.
    I dont know if that would happen first. Many of those G5 teams think they actually have a shot at the Championship. So I would think the P5 would have to abandon them before they would consider anything.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

[/B]

Why would the G5 teams want to do that?

Navy gets to play Notre Dame every year. You going to get them on board with giving that up? Boise St gonna trade in those Fiesta Bowls to play UNI in a playoff game?

BYU(quasi P5) gonna flip the bird at the Holy War?

It'd be pretty cool and all, but I doubt that would ever happen.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I dont know if that would happen first. Many of those G5 teams think they actually have a shot at the Championship. So I would think the P5 would have to abandon them before they would consider anything.
    The P5 will just continue to keep as close to 100% of the available revenue as possible while the G5 slowly starves financially.

The G5 is irrelevant. As is almost all of FCS. Actually, we slipped back to irrelevance after the Semi-Final loss and need another run.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    The P5 will just continue to keep as close to 100% of the available revenue as possible while the G5 slowly starves financially.

The G5 is irrelevant. As is almost all of FCS. Actually, we slipped back to irrelevance after the Semi-Final loss and need another run.

The G5 remains relevant by still being able to play the P5 though and collecting those paychecks at least. FCS is slowly being phased out entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The G5 remains relevant by still being able to play the P5 though and collecting those paychecks at least. FCS is slowly being phased out entirely.
    There is the point of all this. But since the G5 have tried to "keep up" with the P5, their budgets have blown up. The step from DII to "FCS" was not a big as the step from FCS to G5.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The G5 is only there to help fill out the P5 schedules.