Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

These are all very good points fellas and I agree on all of them. I think when the numbers get punched there are a lot of people that are 100% huge Bison fans but would maybe question their "level" of fandom and may be just excited to be able to get tickets to random games easier with a bigger venue.
    Last edited by 23Bison; 08-04-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Right and I know of a few people whom aren't on the waiting list but would love to get tickets but don't want to play the waiting game. Not sure if that's a reasonable excuse I guess but the number of potential season ticket holders out there could be half again if not double the amount of people being turned away now. This is pure speculation on my part but I'd guess that there are a good 20,000+ people out there right now that would buy or are interested in season tickets.
    20,000?????????????????/ Not even lakes would come up with that number.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Whats wrong with that number? If there are already 12,000 people on the actual waiting list whats another 8,000 on the fence about wanting to be on the waiting list it? Could it be a little high sure but I Don't think its out of the question. Nobody really knows and like I had stated in that comment, it was pure speculation.

That's what I was thinking when I read that too. Wow.

And what's wrong with a waiting list? I bet most popular teams in most cities have waiting lists for season tickets. Does that mean they need to build new stadiums too? I don't think it works that way.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

And what's wrong with a waiting list? I bet most popular teams in most cities have waiting lists for season tickets. Does that mean they need to build new stadiums too? I don't think it works that way.
    I never said that there shouldn't be a waiting list. It's a good thing to have know that there is a demand in excess of whats actually available. We are also talking about a venue that seats just under 19,000 here, I'm not saying it has to be 50k or 35k for that matter but THINK something in the 25-30k would be realistic. I'm not trying to make this into a huge debate at all. Just thoughts is all.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

Here's a nice snapshot of what NFL teams' waiting lists look like. 20,000 for a FCS is a "bit" high, especially considering the size of Fargo-Moorhead, the amount of NDSU alumni and fanbase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_se..._waiting_lists
    Hail the BISON!!!

In a city the size of Fargo with a program as successful and entertaining as NDSU, increasing average attendance by 10k-20k wouldn't surprise me. Season ticket holders are another story though.

With that being said, IMO NDSU is in a bit of a Goldilocks-zone right now. Great mix of attendance, revenue, and game day atmosphere. A bigger stadium or jump to FBS that (potentially) impacts competitiveness (which is really domination at this point) could really throw a wrench into that. For example, based on my understanding of donations people have to pay for the privilege of tickets now, it would be very possible to increase attendance and actually reduce revenue.

Just my $.02.

Whats wrong with that number? If there are already 12,000 people on the actual waiting list whats another 8,000 on the fence about wanting to be on the waiting list it? Could it be a little high sure but I Don't think its out of the question. Nobody really knows and like I had stated in that comment, it was pure speculation.
    Are there 12,000 people on the waiting list or are there enough people on the waiting list to buy 12,000 season tickets?

The problem with a waiting list is that the people waiting expect to eventually get in...and that might take longer than they are willing to wait. The low hanging fruit might wither and die on the vine.

It's an unfortunate situation, but it is what it is.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

I never said that there shouldn't be a waiting list. It's a good thing to have know that there is a demand in excess of whats actually available. We are also talking about a venue that seats just under 19,000 here, I'm not saying it has to be 50k or 35k for that matter but THINK something in the 25-30k would be realistic. I'm not trying to make this into a huge debate at all. Just thoughts is all.
    I'm not trying to debate you. I'm shocked at the numbers you are throwing out. Do you really think there's a waiting list the same size as the capacity of the stadium? That might be borderline preposterous.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club