Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Any of you guys with connections to the program know or have heard of how many want to be season ticket holders are on the waiting list? Also being a little lazy at the moment and not wanting to look, how many seats in the Fargo Dome are reserved for Season Ticket holders?
    Thought I read somewhere that Pat Simmers said he could sell 12,000 (?) new season tickets tomorrow if more were available.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Thank you Meaty and 83. If the numbers are even ball park it's just sad that there are 10,000+ people out there being turned away. I realize you want a waiting list but that's almost 3/4 of the capacity of the FD as is.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you Meaty and 83. If the numbers are even ball park it's just sad that there are 10,000+ people out there being turned away. I realize you want a waiting list but that's almost 3/4 of the capacity of the FD as is.
    There's also some like me out there who have season tickets, would like more, but don't even bother requesting them due to the futility.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    There's also some like me out there who have season tickets, would like more, but don't even bother requesting them due to the futility.
    Right and I know of a few people whom aren't on the waiting list but would love to get tickets but don't want to play the waiting game. Not sure if that's a reasonable excuse I guess but the number of potential season ticket holders out there could be half again if not double the amount of people being turned away now. This is pure speculation on my part but I'd guess that there are a good 20,000+ people out there right now that would buy or are interested in season tickets.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Right and I know of a few people whom aren't on the waiting list but would love to get tickets but don't want to play the waiting game. Not sure if that's a reasonable excuse I guess but the number of potential season ticket holders out there could be half again if not double the amount of people being turned away now. This is pure speculation on my part but I'd guess that there are a good 20,000+ people out there right now that would buy or are interested in season tickets.
    There are a lot of questions, I would think, as to what those on the waiting list would be truly interested in, when it came right down to it.

Would they be interested in something outside the 20 yard lines and way up high, for example? And if not, are they truly interested in paying the price for anything that may come open between the 20's and down lower, or even more so, between the 40's. NDSU has a better handle on this internally, I'm sure, because of the comments made on the actual seat requests themselves.

More importantly in the long term, however, is how many of those on the waiting list are truly interested in paying the higher seat fees that will almost certainly be attached to any season ticket package in any potential new stadium exploration? That's the real financial question that always needs to be assessed, analyzed and monitored as the program moves forward.

It's one thing to be interested in season tickets, it's another to be interested in paying for them.

You need lots of real people with lots of real money in order to build something to accommodate all these hypothetical season ticket holders.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 08-05-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    There are a lot of questions, I would think, as to what those on the waiting list would be truly interested in, when it came right down to it.

Would they be interested in something outside the 20 yard lines and way up high, for example? And if not, are they truly interested in paying the price for anything that may come open between the 20's and down lower, or even more so, between the 40's. NDSU has a better handle on this internally, I'm sure, because of the comments made on the actual seat requests themselves.

More importantly in the long term, however, is how many of those on the waiting list are truly interested in paying the higher seat fees that will almost certainly be attached to any season ticket package in any potential new stadium exploration? That's the real financial question that always needs to be assessed, analyzed and monitored as the program moves forward.
    This is 100% true. I have season tickets and I am outside the 20 yard line. I do not see the day that I plan on paying for seats at mid field 10 row up. I will be an outside the 20 guy, I am sure. That I believe is where most (not all) of these interested season ticket holders would fall into.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    This is 100% true. I have season tickets and I am outside the 20 yard line. I do not see the day that I plan on paying for seats at mid field 10 row up. I will be an outside the 20 guy, I am sure. That I believe is where most (not all) of these interested season ticket holders would fall into.
    We get a lot of non-ticket holder friends out in our tailgating area these days (and we love having them and their contributions to the great atmosphere we have out there!), and I get a lot of "I wish I had season tickets" (or hell, even tickets for the game THAT DAY) and eventually get around to "can I ask how much you pay for yours". When I tell them how much I pay (I'm on the 30 yard line), they get kind of a shocked look on their face. And then, when they learn how much we are paying additionally for the reserved tailgating spots they are enjoying with us, you can almost start to see them questioning in their own minds "maybe I'm not really that level of fan quite yet!"

Now, these are not people that would be on the waiting list per se, but are truly Bison fans and I do think a lot of that gray area where the financial "rubber meets the road" needs to be sorted out yet, even in the season-ticket waiting list.

As I've said in the past, I trust that NDSU is monitoring these things, gathering information, and formulating various plans, and I'd have to say that I have been very satisfied overall on how they have handled the growing interest in the football program to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    We get a lot of non-ticket holder friends out in our tailgating area these days (and we love having them and their contributions to the great atmosphere we have out there!), and I get a lot of "I wish I had season tickets" (or hell, even tickets for the game THAT DAY) and eventually get around to "can I ask how much you pay for yours". When I tell them how much I pay (I'm on the 30 yard line), they get kind of a shocked look on their face. And then, when they learn how much we are paying additionally for the reserved tailgating spots they are enjoying with us, you can almost start to see them questioning in their own minds "maybe I'm not really that level of fan quite yet!"

Now, these are not people that would be on the waiting list per se, but are truly Bison fans and I do think a lot of that gray area where the financial "rubber meets the road" needs to be sorted out yet, even in the season-ticket waiting list.

As I've said in the past, I trust that NDSU is monitoring these things, gathering information, and formulating various plans, and I'd have to say that I have been very satisfied overall on how they have handled the growing interest in the football program to date.
    Another consideration is if the stadium was an outdoor stadium, would existing ticketholders continue to pay the prices they are paying today? The tickets for my group are between the 40s and the dues per ticket are significant. Due to health and other concerns, if the Bison played in an outdoor stadium, our attendance would likely become less reliable which would make us less likely to be willing to pay the substantial Teammakers fees we are paying today. We would continue to be season ticket holders, but would likely chose to move to less costly seats.

If the concern is will people on the waiting list actually pay when their name is called why not require a deposit to be on the list? I know the Wild do that and I think the Twins did at one time as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.