Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    And you are an expert based on what?
    No expert but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

I'm actually basing my opinion on the massive layoffs occurring at ESPN right now. That tells me the money isn't there like it once was. Also, two top prospects didn't get penalized at all in the eyes of pro scouts by skipping their bowl games. That will become more common as health is what matters. Won't help draw people to saturation of bowl games.

I also don't see a ton of interest in a MAC or MWC TV network. The begin of the television slide for college athletics. That's my opinion. What are you basing your on?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Okay man-child, enlighten us how we can move up without failing at this moment.

And try to do it without the whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL Internet tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post

I'm actually basing my opinion on the massive layoffs occurring at ESPN right now. That tells me the money isn't there like it once was. Also, two top prospects didn't get penalized at all in the eyes of pro scouts by skipping their bowl games. That will become more common as health is what matters. Won't help draw people to saturation of bowl games.

I also don't see a ton of interest in a MAC or MWC TV network. The begin of the television slide for college athletics. That's my opinion. What are you basing your on?
    Maybe ESPN was over paying a bunch of worthless management and the gravy train ran out?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Scottie is this your hottie?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Okay man-child, enlighten us how we can move up without failing at this moment.

And try to do it without the whining.

Love how all the insecure types here who cannot tolerate disagreement fall back on calling other posters "whiners".

Love how all the insecure types here who cannot tolerate disagreement fall back on calling other posters "whiners".
    How about whiners who never have solutions to the issues they complain about?

In regards to "internet tough guy," keep in mind I don't use an alias nor do I insult everyone (just the ones who deserve it) who disagrees with me. Sounds like you're the insecure one.

Hail the BISON!!!

At least I don't think stagnation is the next best thing to moving backwards.
    What is your definition of stagnation? Not moving to FBS?
    One must remember that its the University as a whole that makes the move not just the FB team. I dont think you can accuse NDSU of stagnation.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post

I really think a large portion of espn's issues is their own making by shoving their social agenda down everyone's throats. Though they would lie and not admit it they are a political entity as much as a sports media. I'll catch a game on ESPN but I stay away from everything else they are associated with and don't read any of their drivel anymore. I have heard this from many other people. If many people are feeling that way about their product it's going to end up biting them...which apparently it is

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Money is getting tight. ESPN is tightening its belt. The number of bowl games is going to be dramatically reduced. TV contracts are going to be renegotiated downward. P5 teams are not going to have the revenue stream as in the past. The G5 teams/conferences are going to be in a world of hurting. The money for G5 teams is going to dry up in a hurry. The future doesn't look very bright for the FBS.
    Yes, probably smart for Ndsu to wait this out a bit

so can ANYONE PUBLICLY ANSWER THIS THREADS QUESTION.

WHEN WILL MATT LARSON PUBLICLY CALL MOUNTAIN WEST OR MAC.... BECAUSE MR STONY BROOK HASNT
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?