Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

They aren't in the top level. P5 > G5. They are in the 2nd level only they choose to play in bowl games that end up costing the school money most of the time instead of participating in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Yes, someone finally gets it. The G5 will never come to the realization of, "Oh I guess it's time now to finally join the top teams in FCS for a Champoinship and leave the top level".

it will be up to NDSU to make a move to join the G5 level. Nothing will magically fall into our lap like some would like to believe.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

I believe in magic.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Yes, someone finally gets it. The G5 will never come to the realization of, "Oh I guess it's time now to finally join the top teams in FCS for a Champoinship and leave the top level".

it will be up to NDSU to make a move to join the G5 level. Nothing will magically fall into our lap like some would like to believe.
    The G5 knows what is going on and they are too busy trying to hang on to the P5s coattails for the supposed prestige and of course the paydays.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That article is two years old and already inaccurate to what was expected to happened to G5 schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That article makes it seem like the G5 schools have some sort of say, which they certainly did when the article was written, like you pointed out. It is a way different ball game now. The G5 schools got theirs for a couple of seasons and now it will see how they get cut out as much as possible. Sure the P5 will schedule them because the G5 has become yesterday's FCS with making sure you become bowl eligible for a P5 team. I do not see the P5 willing to share the next TV deal so much with everyone as they did the last deal since there is no way it will be as lucrative. The G5 schools will get the shaft and they won't be looking to market a sustainable second tier because they choose to, they will because they have to.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    That article makes it seem like the G5 schools have some sort of say, which they certainly did when the article was written, like you pointed out. It is a way different ball game now. The G5 schools got theirs for a couple of seasons and now it will see how they get cut out as much as possible. Sure the P5 will schedule them because the G5 has become yesterday's FCS with making sure you become bowl eligible for a P5 team. I do not see the P5 willing to share the next TV deal so much with everyone as they did the last deal since there is no way it will be as lucrative. The G5 schools will get the shaft and they won't be looking to market a sustainable second tier because they choose to, they will because they have to.
    The G5 is viewed as having more prestige when it 1) maintains 85 Schollies. 2) Plays games vs the P5 3) Goes to 3rd and 4th tier bowls with games against the 6,7, and 8 win P5 teams.

Nothing will change until the bowls change their structure. If the bowls Turn into G5 vs G5 games, then some playoff talk could heat up. If the P5 starts to pull out of games vs G5 in bowls, this could drive a change.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    4...........been saying the same.

1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

That article is two years old
    2015!! Man what a year!!

Carson Wentz, Montana, Easton Stick, Natty #5, 59-7, 55-0 … I think I’ve watched that Montana game like 5 times.

But it wasn’t really that long ago, my fiend. And has all that much REALLY changed with regard to the G5/P5? Sorry, but I’m skeptical. The G5 will never leave a larger payout to essentially become part of the FCS, no matter how much that payout shrinks, as long as its bigger than what the FCS gets.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    2015!! Man what a year!!

Carson Wentz, Montana, Easton Stick, Natty #5, 59-7, 55-0 … I think I’ve watched that Montana game like 5 times.

But it wasn’t really that long ago, my fiend. And has all that much REALLY changed with regard to the G5/P5? Sorry, but I’m skeptical. The G5 will never leave a larger payout to essentially become part of the FCS, no matter how much that payout shrinks, as long as its bigger than what the FCS gets.
    I'd have to agree.

The breakaway is all relying on the G5 in its entirety, having a reality check at the exact same time, collectively.
    I wouldn't count on it.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    2015!! Man what a year!!

The "split" is already done. G5 schools can play in their meaningless bowl games until their administrators realize that the games cost the school too much.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The "split" is already done. G5 schools can play in their meaningless bowl games until their administrators realize that the games cost the school too much.
    True. G5 is a financial disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk