Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/...-away-from-the

Sorry, but I’m just not optimistic about a split. Not that it shouldn’t happen, but at the end of the day the G5 will never do anything to purposefully move any further away from the P5. I suppose the implosion of the B12 could start waves, but …

I will take it one step further and say that a plan for NDSU's future that relies exclusively on such a split is potentially quite misguided and dangerous.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

Sorry, but I’m just not optimistic about a split. Not that it shouldn’t happen, but at the end of the day the G5 will never do anything to purposefully move any further away from the P5. I suppose the implosion of the B12 could start waves, but …

I will take it one step further and say that a plan for NDSU's future that relies exclusively on such a split is potentially quite misguided and dangerous.
    "Lastly, division one already split once when I-AA/FCS became a thing in the late 70s. I spent more than a decade watching FCS football through Georgia Southern, endlessly reminding friends that GSU was "not Division II," to no avail. The Eagles are one of a whole bunch of teams who got tired of it and jumped back up."

So once upon a time most of FCS was DI with all the other DI programs?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

That article is two years old and already inaccurate to what was expected to happened to G5 schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Up until 1973 there was the university division with the big boys (and girls) and the college division. I don't know if college division teams had scholarships before the split into D-II and D-III.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    "Lastly, division one already split once when I-AA/FCS became a thing in the late 70s. I spent more than a decade watching FCS football through Georgia Southern, endlessly reminding friends that GSU was "not Division II," to no avail. The Eagles are one of a whole bunch of teams who got tired of it and jumped back up."

So once upon a time most of FCS was DI with all the other DI programs?
    It's OK to not be OK.

There will be no split.

This is a false narrative for the scared pro-fcs crowd
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Up until 1973 there was the university division with the big boys (and girls) and the college division. I don't know if college division teams had scholarships before the split into D-II and D-III.

Yes they did.

D3 is non scholarship. They can give grant and aid but it cant be based on athletic achievement.

University and College or small schools Division was also a distinction for the polling services.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, someone finally gets it. The G5 will never come to the realization of, "Oh I guess it's time now to finally join the top teams in FCS for a Champoinship and leave the top level".

it will be up to NDSU to make a move to join the G5 level. Nothing will magically fall into our lap like some would like to believe.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Well I guess we won't have to worry about losing fans until 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 PAC12 game every 3-4 years is not going to fit the bill. Compare that to 2 games a year vs a B1G or B12 team. At some point soon you need to be able to schedule the B1G and B12 again. You can only do that at the G5 level.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Yes, someone finally gets it. The G5 will never come to the realization of, "Oh I guess it's time now to finally join the top teams in FCS for a Champoinship and leave the top level".

it will be up to NDSU to make a move to join the G5 level. Nothing will magically fall into our lap like some would like to believe.
    there are at least 3 of us that realize this

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    there are at least 3 of us that realize this
    4...........been saying the same.