Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Just to be clear: "People who want NDSU to FBS" would constitute a special interest too. A more general interest group would be those who want NDSU to get better as a university.
    And you point is? I support the the university getting better and I want NDSU to move to FBS as soon as possible. You can define special interests any way you want.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    You know my phone number Pat. Why don't you have the balls to call me and discuss directly if you disapprove of my opinion so much? Seems you keep on going back to dig up my old posts to disparage me. I call bullshit! You just can't stand any difference of opinion!
    Its not your opinion in as much as you dont direct it to those who need to hear it. You continually lambaste TM and NDSU for being small minded etc etc. But you dont communicate your displeasure or ideas. You stated in a post the TM can voice their concerns. How are they to do that when you dont tell them what concerns you have? I just dont get the continued angst when you could get most of the answers you seek by asking the people who have the answers.

The difference of opinion is a non starter as that wasnt the reason of my post.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    It's going to be tough to convince people to start giving without any tangible benefit(i.e. tickets).
    When I reconnected to NDSU I asked Simmers how much to join TM. I didnt ask what the benefits were as I didnt think there were any. I just knew the money went for scholarships.

So tell me how Universities raise Billions of dollars a year when tickets arent in the mix. Why do people keep raising there donation amount?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    When I reconnected to NDSU I asked Simmers how much to join TM. I didnt ask what the benefits were as I didnt think there were any. I just knew the money went for scholarships.

So tell me how Universities raise Billions of dollars a year when tickets arent in the mix. Why do people keep raising there donation amount?
    Realistically how many universities out there have the issue of far too few tickets available for those interested? My guess is more often than not donors of other schools don't have the issue of not being able to get season tickets or at the very least not having single game tickets for the season sell out in seconds.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ask not what your booster club can do for you....

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

September 6th, 2020. The day after the Bison beat Oregon.

To be fair though, that was a different time. People now know, and care, that the benefits exist and that genie isn't going back in the bottle. My guess is you would very much be the exception vs. the rule here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

by not being FBS . NDSU lost at least 10 recruits this year.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Then you know why a move up isn't really on the radar AND why it will only be done if both Universities on I-29 move together.

The politics of ND aren't hard to understand.

Actually, I retract my statement that says "both". One would be allowed by Bismarck to make the jump. It's not the one in Fargo in case you're wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The legislature will unlikely help financially in a FBS move for either school, even way down the road. This would have to be funded by each U's alumni and friends, and possible by GF and/or Fargo for an arena (but, not very likely there also). Therefore leaving each U with this task of accomplishing FBS by themselves. A few very generous alumni/friends for each school would most definitely be needed to be included in a large group of givers. Might, also have to increase the Endowment at each U.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Who said "pick"? The word would be "allow".

The people who run the Legislature would never allow NDSU to leave UND behind AGAIN. They might allow the reverse.

Of course, this assumes either could afford the move. I don't think that's in the cards for either one.

BTW, the Governor has very little actual power to do anything without the approval of the cabal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unless the Governor is a past Governor and becomes you President.