Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Wow, I thought they had DI hockey at the highest level as their niche sport. Why can't NDSU have DI football at FBS level as our niche sport? Win-win for the state of ND. Let DI basketball and other sports do as best they can nationally. Of course NDSU would not be in contention for the FBS title, but getting in better bowl games would bring national attention. Even winning 5 more FCS nattys spread over the next 20 years would get to be ho hum. When you have this good of a program you go to the next level to keep the momentum. The alternative will be stagnation and eventual demise. Look what happened in DII. There was 15 years of overall mediocrity between 1991 and 2005.
    TIL - 70% winning percentage and multiple playoff appearances = mediocrity

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    So exactly what facility(ies) is/are NDSU missing for an FBS move? Yes, a larger stadium would be nice and a lot of schools have an IPF. But, what does NDSU NEED facility-wise to make the move up?
    I'm thinking that you need a stadium of at least 30,000 to move up to a G-5 and at least 50,000 for a P-5 conference invite and then it can be argued that you don't have the necessary funding behind us. Also a 50,000 stadium is at the low end of the P-5 schools.
    Last edited by KC Bison; 02-06-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    I'm thinking that you need a stadium of at least 30,000 to move up to a G-5 and at least 50,000 for a G-5 conference invite and then it can be argued that you don't have the necessary funding behind us. Also a 50,000 stadium is at the low end of the P-5 schools.
    There isn't a "size" requirement to be FBS, but you have to minimally average 15,000 in actual or paid attendance. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/Division...2%208%2010.pdf
    Hail the BISON!!!

From what I have read, the MWC conference is a possible FBS conference for NDSU. With the closest school being 800+ miles away. That would be the same situation UND was in with the Big Sky being 800-1400 mile travels. Why would any other sports at SU want to give up what they currently have now in the Summitt with regional rivalry games, the Men and Women's BB Tourney played in Sioux Falls, an easy drive from FArgo. Many fans currently drive to many football, BB and other games. In the MWC or any other FBS conference there would be no more driving for the fans, so most of them are then forced to stay home and watch the game in Mountain or Pacific time 9:00PM or later in FArgo. As much As I appreciated the Big Sky, the travel wasn't worth it. I couldn't drive to any away games unless I wanted to drive 14+ hours to watch a 2-3 hour game. In the Summitt/MVFC I will be able to drive to a few games every year, both Football and BB. I look forward to Thursday/Sat. games in Brookings and Yankton for a nice weekend getaway. I don't know why you would want to give that up just so football can be FBS.

Excuse me, Vermillion, not Yankton

Allow me to post in this thread, since Ive been asking FOR THIS FOR 5 YEARS!!

NDSU standing pat & not moving forward or upward will be a huge roadblock

Stagnation & Regression doesnt Equate with our Motto "Bring on the Competition!"

I truly don't understand as a salesperson, how you cant even MAKE CONTACT & Have some preliminary talks!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    From what I have read, the MWC conference is a possible FBS conference for NDSU. With the closest school being 800+ miles away. That would be the same situation UND was in with the Big Sky being 800-1400 mile travels. Why would any other sports at SU want to give up what they currently have now in the Summitt with regional rivalry games, the Men and Women's BB Tourney played in Sioux Falls, an easy drive from FArgo. Many fans currently drive to many football, BB and other games. In the MWC or any other FBS conference there would be no more driving for the fans, so most of them are then forced to stay home and watch the game in Mountain or Pacific time 9:00PM or later in FArgo. As much As I appreciated the Big Sky, the travel wasn't worth it. I couldn't drive to any away games unless I wanted to drive 14+ hours to watch a 2-3 hour game. In the Summitt/MVFC I will be able to drive to a few games every year, both Football and BB. I look forward to Thursday/Sat. games in Brookings and Yankton for a nice weekend getaway. I don't know why you would want to give that up just so football can be FBS.

AND THERE IT IS... The 1st UND post begging NDSU to stay in FCS/Summit so we don't leave them again!

Matt Larson, Gene Taylor, Dean Bresciani. NONE OF THEM HAVE EVEN CONTACTED Craig Thompson commissioner of Mountain West. a NDSU chair told me this and Craig Thompson told me this. Thats the problem here.... its time to get some balls and do it, hell make it public!! Craig Bohl left 2 years ago with a parting statement "I did all I could do at NDSU". NDSU football can say the same "WE've achieved all we can at the FCS level" Isnt our Motto "Bring on the Competition?

Heck, NDSU has been subsidizing the FCS, MVFC & partially the summit the last 5 years, its time to spread our wings and FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 01-30-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by UND-92 View Post
    Excuse me, Vermillion, not Yankton
    same difference.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    same difference.
    Please don't insult Yankton, it's a nice town.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Well politics is involved so saying yes is Ok. Nobody has balls anymore. Just cave into special interests and do the popular thing.
    Just to be clear: "People who want NDSU to FBS" would constitute a special interest too. A more general interest group would be those who want NDSU to get better as a university.