Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It's one thing to be interested in season tickets, it's another to be interested in paying for them.

You needs lots of real people with lots of real money in order to build something to accommodate all these hypothetical season ticket holders.
    ^^^absolutely the post of the day. Finally someone who gets it. It's one thing to want something and expect it for free. It's a whole different game when you need thousands to pay serious bucks for it.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I heard a couple years ago there were upwards of 7000 season ticket requests above the 12,000 to 13,000 currently sold. I am sure there is some overlap, but safe to say about 5,000 are legit. Even if 1000 of those are current single game purchasers that would mean 4000 over current sold out attendance of 19,000. Too bad there isn't an option for expansion or any plans for a new stadium. So shortsighted to thwart growth of a fan base to keep a small stadium forever. Its not like adding seats to maxed out venues of 100,000 plus where fan experience is from a distance.
    I think youre pretty close on the 4k number. Or it was something like 2-3k and the avg request was 2-4 tickets??????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The frustrating part is that the gap will continue to increase. There are people graduating every year that have no chance to become season ticket holders. I graduated in 2010, could I have gotten season tickets at that time? Sure. But at that time I didn't know where my career was going to take me. I didn't know what my family situation was going to be. Now that those things are starting become a lot clearer I just need to find a time machine to go back to the to pick up the number of tickets I need.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The frustrating part is that the gap will continue to increase. There are people graduating every year that have no chance to become season ticket holders. I graduated in 2010, could I have gotten season tickets at that time? Sure. But at that time I didn't know where my career was going to take me. I didn't know what my family situation was going to be. Now that those things are starting become a lot clearer I just need to find a time machine to go back to the to pick up the number of tickets I need.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    This is real
    College of Business Alumnus

Yeah. Just think, the students during the recent run have basically no chance at season tickets for the foreseeable future.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Yeah but the D2 powers want to keep things small.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Yeah but the D2 powers want to keep things small.
    Thank goodness we arent in D2 anymore.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thank goodness we arent in D2 anymore.
    Too bad there are still a bunch of D2 turds plugging the toilet.

Are we just complaining about stadium capacity, or does anyone have a proposal to build something new and pay for it?

Expansion options presented two years ago would only add 1,200 seats (http://www.inforum.com/news/3661180-...00-215-million). Cheaper, but just guessing that wouldn't be sufficient.

Colorado State just built an outdoor stadium; 36,500 seats, 41,000 capacity. Wouldn't have to be that big, but may need a roof depending on who you talk to. Of course, we would need a place to put it and probably wouldn't be happy doing everything on the cheap. Cost them $220 million, financed with bonds that sold out in 90 minutes, no state funding according to website. CSU also has 37,000 students, so approximately 3 times the number of new alumni every year.

Is raising anything close to that amount possible at NDSU?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What would be a reasonable goal for seating/ capacity?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS