Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    Captain Scottie, like your boat, hope you have enough oars for the people coming aboard. NDSU’s next president needs to be someone like you?

I’m not here wasting my time. I’m not here to shoot arrows at NDSU or their alumni/fans or you. I know many Bison fans/relatives and they’re good. When I was in college, some put me up for the night after the games in Fargo and the favor was returned. It was a different attitude then, than on these message boards. I do respond op-positional to some comments that are WAY over the top, and hope that is limited. Good ribbing is good for both schools, and back then, we would do it face to face, and laugh. We were all from the same high schools, and had many great times together.

If you do or don’t get a response from Matt, you move ahead from there. It’s a start. If he gives you a honest response that flops you on the deck, then maybe you throw the towel in the lake, doubt that that will happen. Any response should be fruitful.

Captain, I do have oars, but if you don’t want me to post on this thread again, it’s a done deal. “Bresciani must go”.
    In your UND political mind. I don't give a damn who the president of UND is. Never have.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Well, someone here must have emailed Bison 1660 today with Matt Larsen on because they just had an email requesting him to contact the Mountain West and go FBS. He answered the question, which has been answered many times already.
    1. Budget. Lowest budget in the Mountain West is 40 million+, NDSU's is around 20 million.
    2. A New stadium would be needed which would cost millions.
    3. Adding 22 football scholarships would mean adding a women's sport. What would that be?
    4. He likes where NDSU s competing at the current structure f NCAA football. Having home playoff games and competing for national championships is ideal.

There...are you happy now?
    Lame response from AD Stony Brook. Doubt Gene Taylor would ever give that soft of a response.

FCS and same capacity Fargodome forever. No growth and stagnation for NDSU football. Not the kind of vision I want from a leader.

embarassing answer.

hell listen to the poscast here https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

LARSON WAS ASKED STRAIGHT UP BY EMAILER & JEFF CULHANE. "HAS HE CONTACTED THE MOUNTAIN WEST?"

He avoided answering that like the plague because HE HASNT CALLED THEM! you need to sell NDSU .

ndsu football cannot go up anymore at this level. ARE YOU PEOPLE BLIND OR STUPID?

it would elevate the rest of our sports as well. plan a new stadium, on campus keep all revenue and advertising etc. get a REAL D1 fundraiser and not the last remnant of Division 2.

you are gonna lose fans being Stony Brook 2.0. its gonna happen
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Well, someone here must have emailed Bison 1660 today with Matt Larsen on because they just had an email requesting him to contact the Mountain West and go FBS. He answered the question, which has been answered many times already.
    1. Budget. Lowest budget in the Mountain West is 40 million+, NDSU's is around 20 million.
    2. A New stadium would be needed which would cost millions.
    3. Adding 22 football scholarships would mean adding a women's sport. What would that be?
    4. He likes where NDSU s competing at the current structure f NCAA football. Having home playoff games and competing for national championships is ideal.

There...are you happy now?
    Here is the podcast...

Matt Larson on The Insiders
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...en-feb-10-2017

or listen to the full show here. https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show
    Good stuff today. Billy Turner was on the show. Matt Larson took up almost an hour.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Anyone on here know the budget of let's say NDSU vs JMU? I know the answer but I'm looking for someone from the pro-FBS crowd to answer. I'll help you out. Double NDSU's and you're still not there yet. FBS isn't even close to an option until you AT MINIMUM double the fees the student body pays. This argument is so beyond some people it scares me. Sorry, money talks and NDSU doesn't have it and won't get it for the foreseeable future.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Default When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Anyone on here know the budget of let's say NDSU vs JMU? I know the answer but I'm looking for someone from the pro-FBS crowd to answer. I'll help you out. Double NDSU's and you're still not there yet. FBS isn't even close to an option until you AT MINIMUM double the fees the student body pays. This argument is so beyond some people it scares me. Sorry, money talks and NDSU doesn't have it and won't get it for the foreseeable future.
    The FBS crowd doesn't care. It's all about what they want. Money, endowment, stadium capacity, market size, lack of conference invitation, etc. is no excuse for their desire of NDSU being FBS.

Of course, FBS only possibly means G5. The funny part of G5 is that many of our recruits are turning down scholarships from those schools so they can play for a DI National Championship at NDSU.

NDSU isn't FBS because of what it can and can't do on the field because they have proven that they can do a lot. It has do with the fact that NDSU lacks in size in many aspects to the big schools.

The FBS-now crowd should hang out with G5 personal more often as both groups are beyond delusional and refuse to accept the reality that all non-P5 DI schools are fighting for lean scraps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Message from anti FBS crowd......give up before you start.

Is it Groundhog Day again???
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Yup, the D2 NDSU fans are back.

they are content with und back, they can play grab-ass in hoople bar with thier cousin darrel. just embarassing that NDSU has momentum and an actual chance to get bigger and better and help all sports and the entire university.. yet they are content with regressing. wow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?