Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Unfortunately that is reality here
    You guys are voters, I presume. Whoever is in Bismark has to be elected. And I'm sorry but you're already rolling over and giving up and they're not even in our conference yet. They appear to have you well programed.

I'm not promoting an FBS move right now. I don't know. I trust ML to understand the landscape, look at the finances and make the right decisions at the right time. However, I am 100 % certain that there is only one football team in the state that any FBS conference would want, and that team wears green and gold and plays in Fargo, ND. I don't see that changing, and I will certainty do everything in my power to keep it so.

Go Bison!!!!

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Unfortunately that is reality here
    Wow, I thought they had DI hockey at the highest level as their niche sport. Why can't NDSU have DI football at FBS level as our niche sport? Win-win for the state of ND. Let DI basketball and other sports do as best they can nationally. Of course NDSU would not be in contention for the FBS title, but getting in better bowl games would bring national attention. Even winning 5 more FCS nattys spread over the next 20 years would get to be ho hum. When you have this good of a program you go to the next level to keep the momentum. The alternative will be stagnation and eventual demise. Look what happened in DII. There was 15 years of overall mediocrity between 1991 and 2005.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Wow, I thought they had DI hockey at the highest level as their niche sport. Why can't NDSU have DI football at FBS level as our niche sport? Win-win for the state of ND. Let DI basketball and other sports do as best they can nationally. Of course NDSU would not be in contention for the FBS title, but getting in better bowl games would bring national attention. Even winning 5 more FCS nattys spread over the next 20 years would get to be ho hum. When you have this good of a program you go to the next level to keep the momentum. The alternative will be stagnation and eventual demise. Look what happened in DII. There was 15 years of overall mediocrity between 1991 and 2005.
    You're assuming NDSU will be a top 25 team every year and be the next Boise State. Most people probably would support that, but I don't think it's as easy as you think.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Then you know why a move up isn't really on the radar AND why it will only be done if both Universities on I-29 move together.

The politics of ND aren't hard to understand.

Actually, I retract my statement that says "both". One would be allowed by Bismarck to make the jump. It's not the one in Fargo in case you're wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You summed it up very well, Northern. I don't expect to see it in my lifetime, not anymore.

You guys are giving them way too much power. I'm not buying this sh*t. How many of you actually thought 1.5 years ago that Burgum would be the next governor and not the preferred candidate of teh-school-who-shall-not-be-named? Small state politics goes both ways. Grab the bull by the balls and don't let go. JFC

I'm gonna go watch the probowl.

Here is one big thing... to be Boise st we need Boise money they have a athletic budget of 44 million of which 43% or 19 million and change comes from the state.... anyone think that the state board of high ed or the legislature would let us go there
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Here is one big thing... to be Boise st we need Boise money they have a athletic budget of 44 million of which 43% or 19 million and change comes from the state.... anyone think that the state board of high ed or the legislature would let us go there

Now just stop that. Everyone knows that will all be taken care of with the magic wand.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    You guys are giving them way too much power. I'm not buying this sh*t. How many of you actually thought 1.5 years ago that Burgum would be the next governor and not the preferred candidate of teh-school-who-shall-not-be-named? Small state politics goes both ways. Grab the bull by the balls and don't let go. JFC

I'm gonna go watch the probowl.
    There's ONE party. Wait and see what Burgum accomplishes. I'd say not much unless Al Carlson agrees with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    From what I know it's the size of the Fargo Dome.

NDSU in fargodome at 21500 would rank around 7th place outta 12 team schools!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_M...ootball_season
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RIP NDSU ATHLETICS. Sorry if WE cant even muster the BALLS enough to contact the mountain west or ANY FBS conference, then its over.

it was a good run!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?