Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    It's going to be hard to do something in the next year or two with reduced funding to higher ed from the legislature. Financial help from Alumni and fans is the key for athletic support, especially in these times, but remember that they are also being hit up more aggressively to donate to the U's academic side. Need to find deep pocketssss. Maybe some of this NDSU already figured out, and that's why we got into the MVFC. Something changed within the MVFC since last fall that let us in, which hasn't been let out of the bag yet.
    Hey Barny – Get a little nervous late in the 3rd last night? Nice come back, I’ll give you that. Sorry about 12th place, but it’s pretty dang tough to repeat as champs. Try doing it 5 times in a row (and don't give me this D1 hockey > FCS crap … according to ESPN, your game hadn't even started when in fact it was over).

Smack aside, I think we can all agree that cheap oil is killing us. Never thought I’d say this but I hope it starts climbing soon. ND is not built to weather sh*t like this (actually, it is, but they just can’t bring themselves to cut into the mattress and pull out the $$ … we might get hit by an asteroid, don’t ya know).

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So where is the evidence NDSU and Matt Larson are doing anything to pursue an FBS conference. We as teammakers should demand an explanation. So keeping status quo is the answer? How does anything ever happen umless there is actual effort. The FBS conferences will not come on their own. Everybody knows about NDSU. Now the leaders need to do something.
    The answers have been given to you numerous times. Either you choose not to accept what ML has said or you have short term memory loss.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

After hearing how much NDSU was instrumental in getting ND into the Summit and the Valley, I have lost all respect for the leadership. I would have rather seen ND drop back to D2 or lose all sports due to being broke.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    After hearing how much NDSU was instrumental in getting ND into the Summit and the Valley, I have lost all respect for the leadership. .
    Yes, it is easy to feel this way. When NDSU was moving up to improve themselves, und wasn't nearly so classy. Tieing ourselves to und with this move may very likely kill any hope or dream of seeing the fbs. Some swear that it isn't possible anyway but now we'll likely never know.

After hearing how much NDSU was instrumental in getting ND into the Summit and the Valley, I have lost all respect for the leadership. I would have rather seen ND drop back to D2 or lose all sports due to being broke.
    this right here. Absolutely appalling that the ND HIGHER ED BOARD POLITICALLY FORCED DEAN B & MATT L to lick the boots of und and give them a free pass to our conferences. what a disgusting act on higher ed board part.... NDSU needs to move up, or risk becoming stagnant or regressing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

We even got a guy offering to push this boat.

Lardsin must go!

If NDSU would have been overwhelming opposed to it, this wouldn't have happened. Guessing UND said Summit/MVFC or nothing and we ate that bullshit. If Big Sky said all or nothing, UND would have bleed out or forced to drop a sport. We literally could have crushed those fuckers.

If Gene Taylor was here, this simply would not have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    Yes, it is easy to feel this way. When NDSU was moving up to improve themselves, und wasn't nearly so classy. Tieing ourselves to und with this move may very likely kill any hope or dream of seeing the fbs. Some swear that it isn't possible anyway but now we'll likely never know.
    It's more like UND clinging to NDSU for their athletic life. Instead of the FHawks, a more appropriate nickname for UND would be the Parasites.

I think it is time for teammakers in favor of a move to FBS to organize as a group and demand more action from Matt Larson. Sitting on our hands for another 2, 5 or 10 years is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I think it is time for teammakers in favor of a move to FBS to organize as a group and demand more action from Matt Larson. Sitting on our hands for another 2, 5 or 10 years is unacceptable.
    You should do that.... maybe you could start fbs makers
    TRUST THE PROCESS