Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just because we arent moving to FBS at this juncture doesnt mean we arent moving forward.
    How can it be shown/proved to the average fan that we are moving "forward".

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post

Facilities-weightroom, locker room. New basketball arena and athletic offices. Recruiting a different type of athlete-player. Coaches going to clinics . New ticketing and computer systems put in to place. Additional Tailgate lots were paved with reserved parking system implemented.

What metric are you looking for?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Why do you think all of what was said about doing it right and whats in the water goes away if we were to go FBS? I am of the belief it does not go away. I am of the belief that what "we are doing right & whats in the water" transfer to the next level. Anyway, I sure would love to find out if does. I think we are a perennial top 30 team now, I think if we were in the FBS we could leverage that into a perennial top 25 team. Maybe I am crazy.
    Thats all well and good. Think $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and opportunity. Anyone beating NDSUs doors down to have them join their conference?
    Nope. So what the next option? We could go the Liberty route as the NCAA has now set a presidence in letting them move up as an independent.
    Do we have a boat load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to survive playing on the road and begging for games? What will the fans think when you only get 3-4 home games, no conference for how long and no playoff games? Did I mention$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? Title 9 requirements. Etc etc etc.

ps Im sure the water will be the same and we will do it right. Thats why they are waiting. WE really have no choice.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post

Does NDSU have "average fans?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Honest question: why does every 'stay put' supporter feel the need to remind everyone that we need a conference invite to move up? Wasn't that covered in like 2011? Of course we need an invite, everyone knows that by now. Really the two questions to answer are "What does NDSU need to do to get that invite?" And "If they get the invite, should they take it?"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Honest question: why does every 'stay put' supporter feel the need to remind everyone that we need a conference invite to move up? Wasn't that covered in like 2011? Of course we need an invite, everyone knows that by now. Really the two questions to answer are "What does NDSU need to do to get that invite?" And "If they get the invite, should they take it?"
    Because most move up now people think it's as easy as just seeking/accepting the invite. In addition they don't seem to grasp the reality(or maybe dont care) that a g5 conference will never get a sniff at the NC. They also seem forget/ignore the immense sums of money required not once but every year.

So the same arguments are made over and over again until the thread slows. Then NDSU beats an Iowa and someone starts a new thread or resurrects an old one to rehash the same arguments when nothing has changed in terms of requirements and cost/benefits.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 04-29-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

1. Build as stadium with at least 30,000 seats.
    2. Add Winnipeg to double our media market.

It's OK to not be OK.

That answer should be in hand long before an invite is received
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats all well and good. Think $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and opportunity. Anyone beating NDSUs doors down to have them join their conference?
    Nope. So what the next option? We could go the Liberty route as the NCAA has now set a presidence in letting them move up as an independent.
    Do we have a boat load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to survive playing on the road and begging for games? What will the fans think when you only get 3-4 home games, no conference for how long and no playoff games? Did I mention$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? Title 9 requirements. Etc etc etc.

ps Im sure the water will be the same and we will do it right. Thats why they are waiting. WE really have no choice.
    Before you rant know the facts. NCAA mandates that you have to have five home games. I agree though, you get one shot to move up and it has to be done right.

It seems people need to be reminded because threads like this keep getting started/bumped and the answer to "why aren't we moving up right now" is the same. If you keep asking the same exact question, why would you expect the answer to change?

The two questions you ask are incredibly valid; raise money, keep investing in coaches/facilities, and make NDSU attractive enough to G5 conferences to overcome the geographic limitations. Can't do a damn thing about location, so money becomes essentially the one thing fans can help with to make it happen, if you want it to happen.

Should they accept an invite/any invite? Some would say yes, any invite. Some would say only the right conference. Some would say no way, no matter what conference offers. For me, the G5 doesn't do much for me and we aren't getting a P5 invite. I'd rather play for natty's at a level that we can afford.