Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    you really think that NDSU would have gotten Gameday or any other ESPN coverage if it won 5 straight Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowls? I've seen more national coverage for NDSU these past three years than I have seen for App. State or Georgia Southern combined.
    JFK said it best...

"Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?[5]

We choose to go to the Moon! ...[6] We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things,[7] not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win ..."
    College of Business Alumnus

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    JFK said it best...

"Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?[5]

We choose to go to the Moon! ...[6] We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things,[7] not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win ..."
    This is UND level thinking. The only reason we went to space when we did is because the Soviets did it first.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Yes, playing for a trophy is a great thing and I am glad we have 13 of them. The other selling point is that if a student athlete really does have the talent to get to the NFL, that can be accomplished coming to NDSU. The program is a known in the NFL. We have players in the discussion each year. I would assume we have more former players in the NFL than a lot of g5 schools and plenty of P5 schools.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...-college/2016/

We have more NFL players than P5:
    Northwestern
    That's it.
    Last edited by tjamz; 04-26-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    This is UND level thinking. The only reason we went to space when we did is because the Soviets did it first.
    And went to the moon

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I sat right next to both parents of a younger Bison player at the Green'n'Gold game a few days ago. I wont say the players name as it doesnt matter, there is a point to be made. THese 2 parents were very nice people, and the Dad is a very successful Engineer from the Chicago area. Their son is majoring in EE at NDSU right now. He was highly touted coming out of H.S., and Mom told me NIU was after him BIG TIME. Now, NIU is an FBS school, in the Mid American conference, playing in a stadium that holds 23,000+, and their overall record in Bowl Games is 4-7. NIU brags about their having 2 Heisman finalists in the last 25 years, LeShon Johnson and Jordan Lynch.
    Mom told me that after many visits from the coaches(not just one) from NIU, and a scholarship offer, that their son told them that he is going to Fargo..Amen. They asked him why Fargo? He said bluntly..."They play for trophies up there, not a possible appearance in a bowl game".
    Just food for thought.
    They give trophies for bowl games. And conference championships. Even in the MAC. Next?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    They give trophies for bowl games.
    This is sad on so many levels.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    This is sad on so many levels.
    Nothing sad about Boise State's 3 Fiesta Bowl trophies. I wouldn't mind having those on display in the SHAC.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

And when we win the Alamo Bowl we can order rings and put whatever we want on them...

because nobody will care except us.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Nothing sad about Boise State's 3 Fiesta Bowl trophies. I wouldn't mind having those on display in the SHAC.
    Omg...
    Here. We. Go. Again.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...-college/2016/

We have more NFL players than P5:
    Northwestern
    That's it.
    Did i look at the graph wrong? Looks like they have more than ndsu.