Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

The big ten won't even play us! Time to move up and make them pay!

Lardsin must go!

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Why the hell would we go FBS and play in a shitty bowl game? You guys are missing the point. NDSU needs to go FBS and play in the big bowl games the real college football playoffs. If your going to go go all out! In it to win it!
    Scottie gets it! Stay lit fam
    College of Business Alumnus

I still think the very good chance for home playoff games is better than having one game on national TV played in Idaho, Detroit, or New Mexico where the weather may not be all that warm.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've said it before, but we only move up if we expect to be as good as Boise State every year and a Top 25 team. Otherwise we would be no more relevant than we currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I still think the very good chance for home playoff games is better than having one game on national TV played in Idaho, Detroit, or New Mexico where the weather may not be all that warm.

Can't disagree with that. Love home playoff games.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    I've said it before, but we only move up if we expect to be as good as Boise State every year and a Top 25 team. Otherwise we would be no more relevant than we currently are.
    NDSU can be Boise State.

if NDSU goes FBS to Mountain West, we become Recruiting Mecca in MN/Wi (after Badgers/Gophers take a few people)

We will be able to grab ANY kid over UNI, SDSU, UND, USD (yea I know we do now... but we will be able to take EACH of their TOP 5 guys!)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    This is sad on so many levels.
    Exactly!!

At the Bison Showcase, just one week ago today, one speaker was Coach K, who told us he was invited to speak at the University of Georgia not long ago. Not only did Georgia folks keep asking him tha question.."What are you folks doing right up there in Fargo? You guys are the talk of college football?", but so did many of the media folks ask him that very same thing!

Then Will Compton spoke. Nebraska alum, and current MLB for the Washington Redskins! He told us early on that he wanted to see for himself, as to whats going on up here...whats in the water...what makes NDSU have so much "culture" where players can "turn-it-up-a-notch"? Then Compton told us some very awesome stories about his 2 games where he played right across from that dreaded young QB named Wentz, on that dreaded Eagles team that the "Skins" love to hate! Then the very next day Compton was down on the field talking with players and coaches, and it seemed he wasn't just shittin' us with his rhetoric about "whats Fargo doing right"!!

My opinion is this...until the NCAA re-aligns, or re-designs college FB, as they keep saying they will, NDSU could end up making a huge mistake by a move "up" to an FBS conference suchas the Mid American for example. We are doing something very special up here...why fuck with that when the future is so uncertain about college FB?

We cant even be certain right now if ESPN, and all its $$$ problems, can or will keep showing FCS playoff games on TV anymore, as they are just hemorrhaging money at ESPN? And the folks here at NDSU are fully aware that our own $$$ supply will dwindle.

I guess we should have just stayed D2 then since we were doing some special things then too......

Up until a year ago, my dream was for NDSU to move all sports to the MWC. Even now, I would be mad as hell if they turned down an invite. But here’s the rub – there won't be one. In their struggle to remain relevant and survive, any desirable G5 conference will not be adding any FCS schools any time soon.

At the end of the day, the only reason to go FBS is money and the numbers just don't add up right now. A good chunk of the G5 is ill. Look at Wyoming. A rural state with ONE University and even they don't belong in the MWC.

The writing is on the wall. Sit tight, grow the brand/school, compete for Natty’s and wait until the ridiculous landscape of college football either heals itself (doubtful) or NDSU gets big enough to become attractive to a solid FBS conference. I’m not giving up on the dream. Just being realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Up until a year ago, my dream was for NDSU to move all sports to the MWC. Even now, I would be mad as hell if they turned down an invite. But here’s the rub – there won't be one. In their struggle to remain relevant and survive, any desirable G5 conference will not be adding any FCS schools any time soon.

At the end of the day, the only reason to go FBS is money and the numbers just don't add up right now. A good chunk of the G5 is ill. Look at Wyoming. A rural state with ONE University and even they don't belong in the MWC.

The writing is on the wall. Sit tight, grow the brand/school, compete for Natty’s and wait until the ridiculous landscape of college football either heals itself (doubtful) or NDSU gets big enough to become attractive to a solid FBS conference. I’m not giving up on the dream. Just being realistic.
    Grow the brand? How? How much bigger does one's brand get in FCS? We took down a top 15 team last year after winning our 5th straight title. What is there left to do? Seriously. Just being realistic.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.