Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are continually attacking our leadership. Constantly. Facts is you called for GT and GB to be fired for lack of leadership. Since you were woefully wrong on that count what makes you think youre correct on our current leadership?

Where does that come from???? Go back and look at your previous posts. Its no secret.
    You are full of shit PL.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Unfortunately the time for that was 2-3 years ago. Going to have to wait for the next economic boom now.
    Still doesn't hurt to try. Better than just sitting and wondering for the next 5-10yrs. Would rather the powers that be start being proactive about it to see what kind of a response they get.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    You are full of shit PL.
    So you are saying you didnt post that?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I want a retractable roof. I'm thinking something like the Dallas cowboys only nicer.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    A new stadium could be built for far less than $300 million.

The powers that be might need to consider outdoor options.
    I'd rather keep what we've got then go the outdoor route. We need to consider the realities of ND weather here.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'd rather keep what we've got then go the outdoor route. We need to consider the realities of ND weather here.
    Yeah Im pretty much over the---you gotta freeze your ass off to prove your a real fan BS. You know Ive been reading over the last 10 years on how important the fan experience is. How we have the home field advantage because of the dome rtc etc etc. Youre going to lose all that when you go outside and its miserable.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I want a retractable roof. I'm thinking something like the Dallas cowboys only nicer.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You the man!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I like the idea of an outdoor stadium with expansion ability. I think a 30,000 seat stadium with 5-10k seat suites and semi enclosed concourses with heaters like Target field would be the ultimate but not sure what it would cost. A lot less then any new dome. People who continually bitch about the cold need to realize we are talking 3 maybe 4 games if we are in the PO's that would be below 30. Global warming is in our favor on this one.
    You can cut that number by half come november and that puts you right back to what we have.

I am with pl.....i am not sitting out there and freezing my ass off

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    You can cut that number by half come november and that puts you right back to what we have.

I am with pl.....i am not sitting out there and freezing my ass off

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yeah, cause what you want to do when you're leading NDSU is dream out loud in front of 141 people in Bismarck who's mission in life is to destroy your institution. That can only go well.

Christ, they could barely get local sales tax revenue for the FFD because NDSU was attached to it.
    I think it's a Catch-22.

On one hand, I see and feel SDbison's frustration. From what has been shared publicly about a potential move and/or new stadium, NDSU leadership doesn't appear to have done much due diligence. e.g. saying "We can't, we don't have enough money" is much different than saying "We have contracted with xx consultant who has conducted an investigation and informed us that FBS/new stadium is not financially feasible at this point in time" and then giving numbers on said alternatives. Like SDbison said, for it to work you have to show people your vision and how you can make it happen. This aspect of things has been particularly frustrating for myself as well as most fans who feel NDSU should be working towards FBS.

On the other hand, publicly stating that you're making a push to leave FCS before you have the means and resources to do so would be unwise. Obviously NDSU would alienate peer universities, the ass-backwards ND legislature, current conferences, hell everything down to future scheduling gets more complicated. Obviously there's public reporting and records requests, but who knows what all goes on behind closed doors. Maybe they have run the numbers and it just doesn't work out. Maybe they have contacted MAC/MW and were told that there's no chance in hell.

I have had my frustrations but when it comes down to it, I trust the leadership at NDSU.