Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would build it differently. I think an extra $50 million could get some big club areas(kind of like Target Field has) and make it more enclosed.

It would still be problematic but most of the issues would be for playoff games, where the school doesn't exactly see much of the revenue from anyway.

Do you really want the weather to be the deciding factor in a game? Do you really want to lose the fans for those games?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Re: When will Matt Larsen contact someone from the FBS about NDSU moving up?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Heres a thought. Regular season outdoor. Playoffs in the dome.
    Yeah, that would make sense. Even if we went outside the dome isn't going anywhere.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

[/B]

Do you really want the weather to be the deciding factor in a game? Do you really want to lose the fans for those games?
    Well our style of play seems to be built for the elements. It would suck for some fans but it would create opportunity for new fans to jump in I guess. If fans really wanted to be out of the weather they could pay more for club or suite seating I guess.

Well our style of play seems to be built for the elements. It would suck for some fans but it would create opportunity for new fans to jump in I guess. If fans really wanted to be out of the weather they could pay more for club or suite seating I guess.
    19,000 in club seating? LOL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

19,000 in club seating? LOL
    Probably more like 5-6k. The rest can freeze I guess, that said if you made the stadium more enclosed you could take some of the wind out of the equation. That is what I don't like about SDSU's stadium. It is too open, Winnipeg's stadium would be a bit more of the design I would look at....

Or the MLS stadium Minneapolis is building is another example of something more enclosed...

Last edited by NDSUstudent; 08-06-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Probably more like 5-6k. The rest can freeze I guess, that said if you made the stadium more enclosed you could take some of the wind out of the equation. That is what I don't like about SDSU's stadium. It is too open, Winnipeg's stadium would be a bit more of the design I would look at....

Nice. But I dont think our fans want to freeze there ass off anymore. I know I dont. And for that matter I wont.

Nice. But I dont think our fans want to freeze there ass off anymore. I know I dont. And for that matter I wont.
    They freeze in Green Bay and they froze in Minneapolis as well when the team was at TCF.

Inside or outside football, I don't really give a damn I'll go to the games regardless.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Has anyone considered that maybe the southern pipeline might dry up if they had to play outside all the time? Just something to consider.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    It would be nice if they put some feelers out there about a possible new stadium and see what kind of feedback it gets. Depending on the input provided by the public, see weather its outdoor or indoor. From there determine seating/capacity goal with the option to expand. Try to come up with a ballpark number for the project and determine how the money will be acquired. Have to start somewhere.

Who knows, there could be a huge amount of support to get the ball rolling.
    Unfortunately the time for that was 2-3 years ago. Going to have to wait for the next economic boom now.

I like the idea of an outdoor stadium with expansion ability. I think a 30,000 seat stadium with 5-10k seat suites and semi enclosed concourses with heaters like Target field would be the ultimate but not sure what it would cost. A lot less then any new dome. People who continually bitch about the cold need to realize we are talking 3 maybe 4 games if we are in the PO's that would be below 30. Global warming is in our favor on this one.